Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 3/19/13

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:44 AM
  • 38 Replies

Are you a reader?

What is the biggest, longest, hardest book you have ever read? Do you like it?

~~Cindy

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Yes.

Most of the nooks I read are long. Oddysey, "outlander" series, are.probably amongst the longest. And ones that I can't put down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:35 AM
I am an English teacher, so I've read a TON! I think the most difficult book I've ever read is War and Peace. It was killer long, and the battle descriptions were so boring.

Now, that being said...it was not anywhere near as hard as some of the research articles I have had to read.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamianne
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Yep.  

I couldn't tell you the longest book I've read - there have been so many!  Probably one of my books about the Civil War; a few of those were pretty hefty.  

The hardest may have been Beowulf in the original Old English.  Loved it, though.  It lost something in the more modern translations.

jaytee
by Jen on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I am a reader but I don't do it often. I couldn't tell you the longest book I've ever read. I'm too old to remember that kinda crap, lol!
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I love to read.  The hardest for me to read was Anna Karenina, because I felt it was so slow.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I loved the Outlander series. I started reading it when it first came out years and years ago. I devoured the books but even so, they took forever because they are so long....lol

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Yes.

Most of the nooks I read are long. Oddysey, "outlander" series, are.probably amongst the longest. And ones that I can't put down

jen113000
by Jenna on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:31 AM
No I don't read often
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Haha. It took me 3 weeks to read the whole series (7books) plus het lord John series ( I think 6-7ini books) I can't wait till the newest books come.out in both serirs

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I loved the Outlander series. I started reading it when it first came out years and years ago. I devoured the books but even so, they took forever because they are so long....lol

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Yes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Yes I love to read.  War and Peace was probably the longest book I've read.

LadyAmaranth
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Yes, I enjoy reading when I get the chance.

Actually I tried reading the Bhagavad Gita but it was very time consuming and I had to give it up...for now.

Dont have time to concentrate between the boys and my husbands needs LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN