Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Are you a reader?

What is the biggest, longest, hardest book you have ever read? Do you like it?

~~Cindy

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Replies (31-38):
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:04 AM

The longest book I've ever read was over 1K in pages.

Couldn't tell ya the name of it as there have been a few.

CafeMom Tickers
eclaudin
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I love to read. I read all of a song of ice and fire series and the entire volume of Jane Austen. One of the harder reads was an English translation of the Phantom of the Opera but was so enjoyable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I LOVE to read!!!!!  I read at least one book a week.  I have a kindle its great b/c the kids can't tear up pages :)

I read a really long book, but it was a historical fiction book and it was good so it wasn't difficult.  It was a fun read.  

smushy79
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I am a reader when I get into a good book, which doesnt happen very often due to lack of time. The biggest longest book Ive read it probably Little Women, and I hated it!

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I love to read.

The most difficult book for me to read was my sociology book in college~ it was the driest thing I've ever had to read. It put me to sleep on more than one occasion (and I was an adult learner, not traditional student in college, lol)

The most difficult book I've read by choice was Wuthering Heights.

SaraBethKY
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I love to read! I am currently reading Anna Karenina and am really trying to hold off on seeing the movie until I finish it. Love in the Time of Cholera took me a whlie and I actually had to start over because I stopped reading it for a few months. 

SaraBethKY
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Same here! I posted my response before I read through the rest. I felt like it just took forever to get going....did you ever see the movie? Javier Bardem plays Florentio. 

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I love to read. I've read such a variety but I struggled through love in the time of cholera.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I did see the movie.

Quoting SaraBethKY:

Same here! I posted my response before I read through the rest. I felt like it just took forever to get going....did you ever see the movie? Javier Bardem plays Florentio. 

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I love to read. I've read such a variety but I struggled through love in the time of cholera.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN