Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I saw an interesting facebook post from an acquaintance this week. 

She had her preschool age son tested for the gifted program and he qualified. She posted his IQ score on her facebook page. 

I found that to be pretty tacky. 

First of all, his IQ isn't as high as she thinks it is. LOL And it just seemed like kind of childish bragging. 

Would you ever post your child's IQ on a public forum like that?

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Replies (21-30):
soymujer
by Mikki on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I wouldn't post it anywhere, just say he's gifted.

family in the van   Mom of four

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't post scores, but I would probably share how happy and proud I was on my son for getting into the gifted program.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Tacky but I'm not surprised some people thinks facebook is brag book.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM
I bragg on my kids all the time. I am such a proud momma. My son is in an advanced placement program but its not based in iq scores so I have no clue what they are for either child.
AA2.0
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM

No way would I do that. I probably wouldn't even tell my child what her IQ is.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:43 AM
I wouldn't post ds's iq online. I did post he got into advanced classes.
annelauer
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:22 AM
I probably wouldn't post scores. I might give specifics if someone asked though. That said, the only child I intend to have tested is our developmentally delayed daughter. She wasn't expected to walk or talk and was assumed to have severe cognitive delays. She's gotten past all of it. Now her therapists believe that she is likely highly intelligent. She will need to be tested next year for potential placement into a private school. We've had a hard time with negative comments from family and friends, so it could be tempting...
MsLogansMommy
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:25 AM

When they were doing all the testing on my dd to see if she had a learning disorder etc they said they were not allowed to do an IQ test on her based on her race I thought that was strange because the psychologist that diagnosed her with ADHD did one on her as part of that testing.

mamavalor
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this

There are far more worse things people can do than to post their child's IQ score on FB. 

KRIZZ25
i love my black men ,my rocker dudes but the only ones the love me back are babies ,old mean ..can we meet in the middle .
Today at 5:20 PM
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:18 AM
iq is more than numbers.. kids are still growing and iqu,s carnage..kids stupid to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)