Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Getting out with a fever?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM
  • 23 Replies

If you have two children..............would you pack up your youngest (who has a fever virus) to take the oldest to school?  Or would you let the oldest skip for a day?  There is no bus option and the dad cannot take to school on this particular day.  

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamianne
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM
3 moms liked this

I've packed up my daughter when she was sick to take my son to school.  It's not fun, but sometimes it needs to be done.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM
4 moms liked this
I would pack up the sick kid. I don't keep my kids out of school if they're not sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I would pack up my sick kid to take my other one to school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kdgord
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I would pack my other child up and get the well one to school. If one is throwing up I try to find another ride for the well one first. That happened Friday with my youngest. She was throwing up so I called my dad to see if he could take a few minutes of work to help me out so I didn't end up with puke in her car seat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I've packed up 2 younger sick ones to take the oldest to school before (missed the bus).

soymujer
by Mikki on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

If I didn't have a friend who could, then yes, I would.  As long as you're just going to drop the other child off, I don't think it's a big deal.

family in the van   Mom of four

rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Good idea.....not sure why this person didn't call in a reinforcement.....hhhhhmmmmm......

Quoting kdgord:

I would pack my other child up and get the well one to school. If one is throwing up I try to find another ride for the well one first. That happened Friday with my youngest. She was throwing up so I called my dad to see if he could take a few minutes of work to help me out so I didn't end up with puke in her car seat.

smushy79
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I would. It's just a drive in the car.

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I bundle up my sick one and take the other one to school.

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I would take the sick one--I've taken myself sick before, but we're only 3 blocks from school.  The only problem when I took myself sick was that I used the circle drive to pick him up and I usually park in the lot and walk to where he comes out--so he didn't know to look for me in my car!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)