Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Getting out with a fever?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you have two children..............would you pack up your youngest (who has a fever virus) to take the oldest to school?  Or would you let the oldest skip for a day?  There is no bus option and the dad cannot take to school on this particular day.  

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I would get the oldest to school

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I would pack up the sick kid...

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Not everyone has somebody to call. All my fam is in yhe city, I live an hour away. No last minute help for me.

Quoting rHOPEb:

Good idea.....not sure why this person didn't call in a reinforcement.....hhhhhmmmmm......

Quoting kdgord:

I would pack my other child up and get the well one to school. If one is throwing up I try to find another ride for the well one first. That happened Friday with my youngest. She was throwing up so I called my dad to see if he could take a few minutes of work to help me out so I didn't end up with puke in her car seat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM

But she does. :(  Her dad gets off work in the morning just a few minutes from her appartment and could have taken her child to school.  He normally picks him up in the afternoon any way.  

I'm with you tho.....there isn't any last minute help near us.

Quoting Lydlou02:

Not everyone has somebody to call. All my fam is in yhe city, I live an hour away. No last minute help for me.

Quoting rHOPEb:

Good idea.....not sure why this person didn't call in a reinforcement.....hhhhhmmmmm......

Quoting kdgord:

I would pack my other child up and get the well one to school. If one is throwing up I try to find another ride for the well one first. That happened Friday with my youngest. She was throwing up so I called my dad to see if he could take a few minutes of work to help me out so I didn't end up with puke in her car seat.

FarmMom383
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

as much fun as it is not...i would pack them up and take the well one to school.

corrinacs
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Pack up the younger one and attempt to keep the younger one as far away forme ppl as possible.

At least that's me.  Mainly because my older son has skipped so many days due to illness as it is :/.  I don't need him skipping anymore just because his brother is sick.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Yes I would, fresh air is actually good for them anyways.  I don't allow my kids to miss school if they themselves aren't extremely sick.

LucyHarper
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Yes, they can sit in a car for a few minutes with a fever. 

needadvice1983
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I have had to before. Thankfully my oldest has an aid (he is autistic) so she met me at our car and took my DS in so I didn't have to get my little guy out of the car. She also brought him to me at the end of school. 

HockeyDanceMom
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Yes, I do it when ever one of my kids is sick and my husband is working days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)