Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Party, would you?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 44 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you take your kid (or host) a monster truck birthday party with this truck?

Options:

Yes

No

Don't care

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 58

View Results

I am trying to get a better feel for some marketing on this. We raced pro monster trucks for years and now are settling into something different for a bit. We are building a monster truck ride for kids/adults alike and will be hosting birthday parties for kids, etc. I am trying to include a picture and want to see who likes it, hates it, etc.
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pumelo
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM
4 moms liked this

I think the truck's name and graphics are inappropriate for a child's party.  I think it would make a fun limo for bachelor parties or groomsman.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by your building a ride.  Like you'd take kids for a ride or they'd get in the truck and it would move around on its own?

I agree with PP, I don't think the graphics are appropriate for small kids.  It could be be a great idea.

gracie0221
by Gracie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:16 PM

hmm..I don't know. The graphics don't bother me, but maybe if I had a son and he was old enough and into monster trucks, I might consider it.   

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I think for a bachelor party sure, kids party.

FarmMom383
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

this is a toughy!!  i know kids are more exposed to things these days and I like the graphics but not sure how i would answer the question "mom what is a hustler?"  I have to say i am not sure.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM
As a mother of boys I would be on board with this. Aside from the graphics on the truck not so much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My 3 year old would love a monster truck party. I, however, would have an issue with him posing next to a truck called "Hustler."

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Honestly, I'd need more info. How long is the ride? What do you do on the ride? How much does it cost?

I usually try to keep my party budget between $100-200, and so if it costs more than that I would say no.

Pumelo
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM

To quick clarify, I am mostly intersted in the graphics/name. Hustler has both positive and negative connotations. Money and times and the base idea isn't what i am looking for feedback on. However, it would probably be a few rides with a total drive time of 20 minutes give or take (there will be other things going on too, such as cake, pinata, games, etc) Just wanting to see how many people are opposed to the graphics/name. Thanks everyone for the imput thus far! Keep it rolling. I need a clear "mom" vote to present to marketing! THANKS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)