Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

She is too quiet in class and doesnt interact much ***.Update

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM
  • 55 Replies
Ok so dd is 6 and a only child,she is in kindergarten. I volunteer in her school and I see that she is very quiet.She does talk to her friends but not like the other kids,at recess she plays by herself at times or tells me that she wants to go back to class cause its too loud.(it does get loud cause its 3 classes together) her teacher tells me she is quiet in class as well,she participates and plays with others but most of the time she is quiet. Today I asked her why she is so quiet,she said" mommy I play with my friends but the teacher said be quiet so I listen to her" all her teachers tell me she is really mature for her age,hell she tells the others to behave lol.Do you think its bad she is so quiet? Do you have kids that behave like this.
FYI.: if she finds someone to run that's the end of it,she won't stop lol

Update#1 The school that dd goes to is a catholic school and I know nuns can be tough. At lunch time they are not allowed to talk,or go to the bathroom( they go at recess after lunch) however they let 2nd graders and up talk which is not fair. Dd old teacher told me that she might be scared to get in trouble since everything is like bootcamp rules for them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blurp
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM

gee loudness is not a good thing for any child.  she acts forwardly very intelligent, and thinks.  thinkers tend to be more quiet and very aware of distractions and can keep busy as well with the storm going on or not.  i call all these distractions, or loudness by children the outbursts that waste space and noisyness that is needless.  it's just storms, like added extra exitement that some children without thinking capabilities harness onto.   i say this since i see many children without thinking capabilities substituting that storm / loudness / wasting time / acting out..... what have you...." for the thinking part" that they cannot harness.   (or choose not to--which to an adult with thinking capabilities and rational mature qualities) seems trite. but as a little child with a quiet spirit if taught early and harnessed or utiliized ( the word utilized fits our society ,.. since it's got to have that edge* ----just look at a PSEAA test,...

i don't waste time or energy on little things that aren't appreciated.

call it a name, go on.  you will anyway

nuff said

blurp
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:36 AM

let it offend someone.  they need a lesson

blurp
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM

so now that i've got a board to sound from.

JESUS does allow for calming of storms.   but it's not going to seep into a child's mind by osmosis, they are listening.. just in this world it's a stunning quality that is lacking.

we'd rather amaze this child by lying to them..

people figure all things out,  it's not good that all people are built like atlas, or act like a wrestler or take violent physical sports with interaction only.

probably why sports dr.s are so happy.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
WHAT in the world are you talking about!? The OP is asking advice on her shy/only child daughter, not for you to go off on tangents. Please stick to the topic at hand. As for the original post, It's not uncommon for kids who are only children to be overwhelmed when in groups. I don't think that your daughter's actions/antisocial behavior is "bad", it just is. If it's negatively affecting her socially, then I would look into getting her on a sports team or an activity where there are other kids actively involved.
Quoting blurp:

JESUS does allow for calming of storms.   but it's not going to seep into a child's mind by osmosis, they are listening.. just in this world it's a stunning quality that is lacking.

people figure all things out,  it's not good that all people are built like atlas, or act like a wrestler or take violent physical sports with interaction only.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
What in the world are you talking about?

Quoting blurp:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this

My kids are mature, reserved kids so they come across as quiet people.  Also, they are respectful to teachers so they listen to what the teachers say and follow their rules, just like your DD.  I have had teachers state in report cards that my kids are quiet, except for one strict teacher DD1 had last year.  She complained that DD1 was one of the worst offenders for talking in the class.  I apologized for DD1's misbehavior but I also expressed that DD1 must have felt extremely comfortable in her class to open up like that and praised the teacher for bringing that side out of my DD1.  

blurp
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I am teaching you're listening.  obviously

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

What in the world are you talking about?

Quoting blurp:

blurp
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM

not every person needs group sports

i've been quiet my whole life, and it's not making me want to join group sports.

actually i still like to be only with 1 player in tennis, not 4, even that is distracting to me.  it's my choice

Quoting mjande4:

WHAT in the world are you talking about!? The OP is asking advice on her shy/only child daughter, not for you to go off on tangents. Please stick to the topic at hand. As for the original post, It's not uncommon for kids who are only children to be overwhelmed when in groups. I don't think that your daughter's actions/antisocial behavior is "bad", it just is. If it's negatively affecting her socially, then I would look into getting her on a sports team or an activity where there are other kids actively involved.
Quoting blurp:

blurp
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM

think.  much more enjoyment is by a thought, ''thinking'' happens first.   when children just act out and have no regards for others inside a small classroom they feel stepped on or just closed in.

it's natural to want more space.  so in light of the contact sports ... i say no

poshkat
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Might be that she's just a quiet kid. Ds iscan only and also takes classroom rules of listening and staying in your seat VERY seriously.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN