Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

She is too quiet in class and doesnt interact much ***.Update

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok so dd is 6 and a only child,she is in kindergarten. I volunteer in her school and I see that she is very quiet.She does talk to her friends but not like the other kids,at recess she plays by herself at times or tells me that she wants to go back to class cause its too loud.(it does get loud cause its 3 classes together) her teacher tells me she is quiet in class as well,she participates and plays with others but most of the time she is quiet. Today I asked her why she is so quiet,she said" mommy I play with my friends but the teacher said be quiet so I listen to her" all her teachers tell me she is really mature for her age,hell she tells the others to behave lol.Do you think its bad she is so quiet? Do you have kids that behave like this.
FYI.: if she finds someone to run that's the end of it,she won't stop lol

Update#1 The school that dd goes to is a catholic school and I know nuns can be tough. At lunch time they are not allowed to talk,or go to the bathroom( they go at recess after lunch) however they let 2nd graders and up talk which is not fair. Dd old teacher told me that she might be scared to get in trouble since everything is like bootcamp rules for them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Replies (51-55):
zinniadaisy
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I'd say she is following instructions and wouldn't worry about it - like you said, she interacts fine with her friends....if she was quiet and not interacting at all with anyone, then it'd be concerning...

theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:14 AM

How stupid, why can't they talk during lunch. It's not hard to eat and talk! WTF

kaylasmom22
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
It's not that teacher wants it both ways but when all the other kids are out of their seats and talking. Dd is quiet(before she tells them to sit and be quiet) she just pointed out that instead of her getting up with them she was sitting quietly.

Quoting Basherte:

There are a lot of kids that are quiet. According to your daughter she is quiet because the teacher told her to be quiet. Maybe have the teacher tell her it's okay to be a little louder when speaking to the teacher? 

The teacher can't have it both ways. Your daughter is listening to what her teacher wants and the teacher is complaining? I don't get it.

kaylasmom22
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Everyone is saying the same thing,I'm going to tell the principal again that this needs to change.

Quoting theresaphilly:

How stupid, why can't they talk during lunch. It's not hard to eat and talk! WTF

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Oh okay. Then I have no clue. I don't know if there is such a thing as being too quiet. 

Quoting kaylasmom22:

It's not that teacher wants it both ways but when all the other kids are out of their seats and talking. Dd is quiet(before she tells them to sit and be quiet) she just pointed out that instead of her getting up with them she was sitting quietly.

Quoting Basherte:

There are a lot of kids that are quiet. According to your daughter she is quiet because the teacher told her to be quiet. Maybe have the teacher tell her it's okay to be a little louder when speaking to the teacher? 

The teacher can't have it both ways. Your daughter is listening to what her teacher wants and the teacher is complaining? I don't get it.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN