Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleepovers..how old?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 28 Replies

My son is 5 (well technically 5 1/2) and is having his first sleepover at our house but he has never stayed overnight with his friends (or even family). How old were your kids for their first away from home sleepover? At what age would you allow it (for those who don't have kids or are new parents)?

Her children arise up and call her blessed. -Proverbs 31:28

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Ds1 was 7, ds2 was 6, and dd was 4. All were w/ friends on our street. The different ages is b/c they were ready for it at different ages.

mommy_morton
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I just didn't want to force my son to sleep at someones house and him end up being freaked out or something. He's never shown interest in going over but he wants people to come here which I'm totally fine with. 

Her children arise up and call her blessed. -Proverbs 31:28

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids were sleeping over at their grandparent's and cousin's houses as toddlers. They started at friends in kindergarten.

SewingMamaLele
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM
5... But it was my best friends house with his "cousin". He was the only one to make it all night and the other kids were all 7-8.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:30 PM

My dd started with family members at 4 months old when I was in the hospital and then regularly a little over 1 with family and with her best friend at 4. Ds started with family around 3 and with his best friend at 4. 

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:39 PM

We started doing sleepovers with their friends when they were itty bitty still in porta cribs itty bitty.  No my 6 yr old has had so many sleepovers here and at friends houses I couldn't even begin to count well over 30.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

She has not yet but wants to go to a friends house soon since her friend does not feel comfortable sleeping over and we respect that.  They are 7.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM
At my parents house, I can't remember but I would say infants or toddlers the first time. At friends' houses, DS was in 1st grade, DD was in K.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ayshren
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Both of my kids have been sleeping over at my moms since they were small..but they didnt have their first sleepover at friends (non family members) until they were 12 and 9. I was molested as a child during sleepovers and am very cautious about sleepovers due to fears stemming from my own experiences.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Outside of family 7 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)