Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

please help me with this!!!

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 13 Replies
My son is 12, my ss is 8, they r like a lot of common kids these days,.. they don't have much imagination. If I don't let them play on the computer or video game or watch tv all day, they have no clue wat to do with themselves. They don't really have friends, they don't play well togeather. They are very spoiled n won't hardly do anything without some instruction. I use to be good at this but I'm drawing a blank now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM

How are they spoiled?   Buy books or blank paper for them to draw on with pencils, crayons etc.

KristenFowles
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM
3 moms liked this

One weekend, dedicate the day to one of their favorite movies, or video games..  Everyone needs to dress up as characters from the movie/game and act like their character all day.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

JeremysMom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Have theme days- Monday's are board game days, Tuesday's are Science experiment days, Wednesday's are art/craft days, etc. Introduce them to different things outside as well- hiking, camping, geocaching, etc. After doing this few a month or so, slowly turn it back over to them as free play. Have a list of all the things that y'all did or wanted to do as a reference for them when you hear "I'm bored!"
calsmom62
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Have a baking day involving them. Have them really involved from choosing what to make to decorating. It will draw them out of their rooms and help them interact over a low tech activity and it .involves food..
aetrom
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Limit electronics majorly that will help in And of itself. If they fight thathave them earn Their time...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

My middle son is like that.  Rather play video games or what not.  However, in our household, their time is limited for video games.  The other times, they have to find other stuff to do.  When it's nice outside, I make them go outside and play.  They also have to read for a half hour each day.

family in the van   Mom of four

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Allow them to get bored.  Boredom is a gift.  It is where people find their creativity.

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Sign them up for activities outside the home where there are no electronics and they interact with kids their own age. Some suggests are rec sports, scouts, art classes, science classes, chess classes, cooking classes, etc.

Barabell
1 mom liked this

Limit their electronics, and kick them outside when the weather is good.

Barabell

Make them read daily, if they aren't doing so already.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)