Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

dropping kids off at school

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 32 Replies
Do you drop them off by the front door or walk them in? If you drop them off in the front is there someone from the school at the doors to make sure the kids get inside?

I ask because my sons school won't let us drop him off at the side door anymore ( goes right to his classroom and we were allowed to do this at the beginning of the school year) now we have to drop kids off at the front or walk them in. I have no problem with that. What bothers me is that there isn't anyone at the front doors until 7:52 when most drop kids off around 7:45.
I just feel like there should be someone at the front on time. My son can't open the doors so half the time i have to get out and open the door for him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaTasha1003
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM

We drop off. There are 2 doors- gym (where everyone goes to sit with their class until their teacher gets them), &  cafeteria. A lady at each one to greet the kids & help smaller kids out of the car.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM
We drop off at cafeteria, the doors are open and 2 staff by the door...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM

There are teachers lining the drop off line to help with car doors. The kids walk to the doors behind the teachers. No one is there just to walk them in but there are enough people around I think.

Momforhealth
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM

There  are the male teachers helping kids get out of cars and into the school.  They started a Dad thing where they have Dad's there helping too. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM

We drop off, and they have to walk in either the gym doors or the front doors.

AleaKat
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Mine generally rides the bus but I have had to drop him off a few times.
They have a drop off traffic circle and a teacher who greets them at the door. We aren't allowed to walk them to their classrooms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvingMy3Girls
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
There is a gate and the kids wait in front of the gate for it to be opened. There are some times staff outside. Sometimes not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
My daughter rides the bus now. At the beginning of the year i took her and dropped her off at the circle there were teachers to help get them out but she walked herself to class. But she decided she wanted to be a big girl and ride the bus.
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM
All non-bussed kids either go through the front door or one of the back doors where the busses are.

If I drive DD, I drop her off in front. If the line is really long, I'll let her get out at the end of the bus lane (side of the school) and she'll walk in that door. If she walks to school, I usually don't go down the hill but will watch her from the top and she'll go in the bus door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poietes
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM
When I dropped him off for kindy they would go right on the playground where the teachers were. If it was too cold to be outside or raining they would just go in the front door (no teacher that I know of waiting) but that is the way they came in from recess every day so I wasnt to worried about him finding his room.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)