Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you think a child can predict gender of siblings?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:14 PM
  • 23 Replies
I have 3 children. Pregnant with number 4.

My son is the oldest. When he was 3, I got pregnant with his sister. Well before I found out the gender, I asked my son if he wanted a brother or sister. He told me 'sister'.

Needless to say, I had a girl.

When he was almost 5, I was pregnant again. Again I asked him if he wanted a brother or sister. He told me 'Mommy, I know it's a girl.'

Again I had another daughter.

He will be 7 in 2 months. When I told him I was pregnant again, he told me 'Mommy, it's a boy. I'm tired of all the girls'.

I laughed because it was cute the way he said it.

My question is, have any of you other moms had your oldest predict the gender of his/her siblings? Was he/she right?

I'm hoping my son is right this time. I would love another baby boy. I would love for Aidan to have a brother.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I think ds1 wanted a brother, and he got that w/ ds2. They both wanted dd to be a boy. . . It was a good lesson in not always getting what you want : )

KristenFowles
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My middle child.. one night half asleep.. told me I had a baby boy in my tummy before I even told either child I was pregnant.

.... I had a girl.  :)  But the prediction of the pregnancy was cool.. especially when we didn't talk about me.. or anyone being or getting pregnant at the time.. She had just turned 4.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I think some kids do
Delta.Dawn
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM

DS who is 12 guess baby was a boy and DD age 6 guessed baby was a girl. DS was right its a boy. DS is super excited to have a baby brother. 

Dane Harley 6.28.00

Celeste Paige 10.29.06

# 3 Asher Damon due 9.10.13

Precious333
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM
When i was pregnant with number two my son said what sounded to be "daughter" it turned out he was saying "dollar" lol i dont think my kids ever have predicted correctly.
mommaslilmen
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM

yes and no, my oldest told me before we had a sneak peak at 15 weeks he was getting a sister, but he also already has a brother and baby step brother

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Nope. Other wise this last baby would have been a girl
BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Not mine. But, he was only 12 1/2 mos when dd was born. Lol that's cute that your ds has been right twice so far! :)

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Well they have a 50/50 chance of being right.  lol  Your child doesn't have any magical gender predicting skills.  The other two times were just lucky guesses.  Sorry. 

corrinacs
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:04 PM

HA, yes.  My son immediately started calling the baby "his baby brother" even though Leo wasn't but the size of like my thumbnail LOL.

We had many ultrasounds due to infertility and probems during my pregnancy with Leo.  At first they were sure he was a girl LOL>  But Caden insisted it was a boy.  Then we saw the notoriuos weenie on Leo LOL.  Caden just KNEW>  WHich is good, because he'd been asking for a baby "brudder" for a long time LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)