Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

i missed kindergarten registation and im freaking out!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 37 Replies
so we are sticking with the public school, and someone brought up kindergarten and thinking that registration was later in the spring i looked it up... it was march 19 and 20 for our school!!! the last two schools in the district are next week.
i found contact info and sent a message, but i have till tuesday before school's back in session and im freaking out. how did i do this?? why isnt there some sort of information put out??? can they not let us register, they cant deny him school right??? ahhhh. i feel like the worst mom in the whole world!!!!
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frankiesma530
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM

We had late registration dates at our dds school.  Don't freak out yet lol

jillbailey26
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this

They'll have it again, it's okay.  Call the school and say that you missed it and ask when you can register.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

agrisham13mom
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't freak out lol you can of course still register for kindergarten the worst that is going to happen is that your child may lose a spot at his home school so he would have to go to another school in the district but that's all...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Its not a big deal. Here if you miss it in the spring then you just register them when school starts.
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Just call or go down and get the forms.  Shoot there were children registering for the first 3 months of school starting so much that children were shuffled around for class space.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM

You're fine you just won't be able to choose morning or afternoon.  You will be put wherever, there is room.

haileys_mommy06
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM
They should have a late registration.
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Is your school district doing full day or half day kinder classes?  We have full day .  Our school was one of the first that started full day and they are in their 3rd year of it.

occumommy
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
This, i missed registration with DD so many years ago, they told me when the next chance to register was. And what to do.

Quoting jillbailey26:

They'll have it again, it's okay.  Call the school and say that you missed it and ask when you can register.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohmandy
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM
thats what im scared of, the one near us is awesome, the bus comes right in front of our house and i was told fills up fast. i thought i was being on top of things haha. the other school is good but much further (still not FAR but significantly further. ugh, im sooo mad at myself right now.
Quoting agrisham13mom:

Don't freak out lol you can of course still register for kindergarten the worst that is going to happen is that your child may lose a spot at his home school so he would have to go to another school in the district but that's all...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)