Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i missed kindergarten registation and im freaking out!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
so we are sticking with the public school, and someone brought up kindergarten and thinking that registration was later in the spring i looked it up... it was march 19 and 20 for our school!!! the last two schools in the district are next week.
i found contact info and sent a message, but i have till tuesday before school's back in session and im freaking out. how did i do this?? why isnt there some sort of information put out??? can they not let us register, they cant deny him school right??? ahhhh. i feel like the worst mom in the whole world!!!!
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mommynwife26
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Our school district has 3x may, july and august for late registration. I am sure they will have more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ohmandy
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM
i hope they have something like that here!!!
Quoting Mommynwife26:

Our school district has 3x may, july and august for late registration. I am sure they will have more.

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:31 AM
1 mom liked this

It's okay, if a kid can transfer in in the middle of the school year, you can register him a little late :)

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:33 AM
You can
Register your child like a week
Or two before school starts when the offices reopen from summer vacation they should have a new student registration for either the whole school or the whole district
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never heard of this... Our school starts taking registration and people come in all spring and through the summer to register...

Just call the school OP! :).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
They're probably have late registrations. You can probably go over the summer just as new families moving in would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

You should be able to register and screen at a different school, just put the school your child will be going to in the paperwork....that's how they do it here, anyway.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM

You'll be fine. You will just register at another time. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

We have a couple of specific days for registration where the office staff is only doing that. But people can register whenever. They just might have wait longer if the data clerk is busy that day. 

Quoting Kris_PBG:

I've never heard of this... Our school starts taking registration and people come in all spring and through the summer to register...

Just call the school OP! :).

KKmommy3
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Don't worry. There is always time before school begins in the fall.  They just want to get the paperwork in and the money and everything so they don't have a mad rush of stuff right at the beginning of school.  I am sure when you get in touch with the school district, they will tell you that there will be a walk in registration over the summer, or they will mail the paperwork to you sooner so you can turn it in.  Don't freak out, it wll be ok.

skateboardingtoddler girlboy on a swing
I love my beautiful girls, and my sweet little boy. I am lucky to be a mom!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)