Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

WOW no homework

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

DD did not come home with any homework assigned during spring break.  I will continue to have her work on her writing and math skills.  Can anyone recommend a book at library for Math story problems?

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I know you can't read the text in the second pic. I was hoping you'd be able to. 

Each page has different math problems. If I recall they are mostly multiplication and division. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM

TY  Max.  I will keep an eye out for both.   They haven't started mult or div yet but doesnt hurt to read fun books anyhow.

iansusie
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Or just do a google search and print some!

rsrangel
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I didn't realize some kids get homework over spring break.  I never had it growing up and the 2 kids of mine that are in school didn't get any either (my other 2 are homeschooled and are off too).  I would definitly keep reading because I think that's important and we all enjoy it anyway, but why push it?  Isn't spring break a chance to take a break from school work?  I love the math stories though.  But personally I wouldn't force any homework over spring break.  Not trying to start anything...just my opinion. 

Kris_PBG
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Or better yet - have her create her own word problems and solve for them.

She can include her favorite characters, interests, etc...

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM

She is way behind on her writing skills which is why i will have homework for her during the break.  30 minutes-1 hr  a day for "homework" wont cramp the fun we will have.  I want to help her maintain what she has learned and help build upon the areas she has trouble with.  I may do a different type of journaling where she can write stories or her thoughts down for the teacher to go over.   We just got her report card and she has * where writing grades should be since she doesnt write enough to assess properly.

Quoting rsrangel:

I didn't realize some kids get homework over spring break.  I never had it growing up and the 2 kids of mine that are in school didn't get any either (my other 2 are homeschooled and are off too).  I would definitly keep reading because I think that's important and we all enjoy it anyway, but why push it?  Isn't spring break a chance to take a break from school work?  I love the math stories though.  But personally I wouldn't force any homework over spring break.  Not trying to start anything...just my opinion. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Great Idean Kris,  Thank you.  I had not thought of that.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Or better yet - have her create her own word problems and solve for them.

She can include her favorite characters, interests, etc...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN