Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What hair products for long hair?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

My DD (who is not quite elementary school age till the fall) has long hair that she refuses to have cut because she wants it to be like rapunzel.  :)

I have recently switched her from kids shampoo to using my shampoo and conditioner because the kids stuff seemed to be leaving it dry and the conditioner really helps the tangles.  What types of hair products do you use on your girls with long hair?  Do you use anything like deep conditioners or leave in conditioners on them?  Just trying to find a new hair routine for us.

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Newfie_Mom
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM
We use aveeno on DD (8) and DS (3). And a kids leave in spray conditioner after bath/ shower for tangles for DD. her hair was down to her butt
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM
We don't use shampoo and we use coconut oil for conditioner. We don't use any other hair products.
lulu_tattoos
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM
How do you use the coconut oil? Do you apply and let it set, then rinse? It doesn't leave the hair greasy? I use coconut oil on my little one's skin and on the rest of us occasionally for any dryness but never thought about using it as conditioner.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

We don't use shampoo and we use coconut oil for conditioner. We don't use any other hair products.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:45 AM
I use just a little after a shower. It's not greasy. It helps hydrate the scalp. I use just a nickle size( for my kids and a quarter size for me) and work it into the scalp then work it down and comb through. My kids and I have curly hair and we have no issues.

Quoting lulu_tattoos:

How do you use the coconut oil? Do you apply and let it set, then rinse? It doesn't leave the hair greasy? I use coconut oil on my little one's skin and on the rest of us occasionally for any dryness but never thought about using it as conditioner.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Try combing it with the conditioner still in her hair, then rinse it. The tangles will be much easier to get out.
HockeyDanceMom
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:03 PM

My girls use a leave in spray conditioner before they brush their hair. It really helps with the tangles.

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

Ms_mom_81
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:32 PM

this

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Try combing it with the conditioner still in her hair, then rinse it. The tangles will be much easier to get out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)