Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you invest you money become a member Update

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 53 Replies

to a zoo or museum . My son 's school is off this week for spring break. I want to go to to  the zoo and  the museum. My funds are low and the landlord birthday is the same week as my son's  spring break. I am wondering if I should become a member to zoo. 

Would you invest in become a member to the zoo or the museum?

Thank you ladies for your wonderful advice I decide to become a member of  the Liberty Science Center it is near our area. I am debating if I should become a  member of  the Bronx Zoo because I want to see the butterfly exhibit and also the perks of being a member of the Bronx zoo are great. Thanks again 

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paperfishies
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes. We are members to the zoo and aquarium.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM
We are but only because family buys the memberships as gifts. Usually if you go more than twice a year its worth it. But if funds are tight I'd probably wait.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iuangina
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM
We are buying the zoo membership this year, but that's because we have plans to go at least 3 times which will cover the cost of the membership. Plus, guests get discounted tickets
jamianne
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:59 PM

We have memberships to the zoo, nature center, botanical gardens, aquarium, and two children's museums.  We go multiple times each year so we save a ton by getting the memberships versus paying each time.  They've all paid for themselves by the second trip.

PinkParadox
Anonymous replies are cowardly. Stand behind what you say, or shut up. That is all.
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Yes. We buy a membership to the zoo and aquarium, every year with our tax return. We pack snacks to take with us, so it gives us some place free to go all summer etc.
PinkParadox
Anonymous replies are cowardly. Stand behind what you say, or shut up. That is all.
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on the price first off...if you're wanting to choose one. You'll use either quite a bit. The zoo is probably cheaper, but you have to think about weather too...
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:03 PM

We used to have a membership to the zoo. If you know you will go often enough to get your money's worth out of it, go for it. W/ a family of 5, it only took 2 visits to get our money's worth out it; extra visits were a bonus.

janitablue
by Janita on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM

That is such a brillant idea!!!  I wish I could have used my tax return but I was so back up in bills. I love that idea using tax return.

Quoting PinkParadox:

Yes. We buy a membership to the zoo and aquarium, every year with our tax return. We pack snacks to take with us, so it gives us some place free to go all summer etc.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:13 PM
The tax return is a good idea! Maybe I will use mine to get a membership.
rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Our zoo is free, so there's no need for a membership. Also, all our local museums (I'm very close to D C) are free. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)