Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Sorry baby Mommie is not a social butterfly

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:33 PM
  • 22 Replies

My son he is eight years old and the only child and he wants play date. He did all the hard work meet the parents , and even exchange phone number. It seems like something always happen, last play date I had to cancel because he had pink eye, this weekend I am working.  I need to set up the play date and stop procrastinate. Ugggh

Do you have play date ? 

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
honeydewmommy
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine always fall through too, I feel so bad. Its always something. I am happy he plays with his friends at school but with afterschool stuff and work and juggling everything else. who really has time for a playdate anymore anyways. Its easier for me to just take him to the park on Sunday, we have a large city park where EVERYONE takes thier kids I let him loose in there. Thats his playdate..when we make it to the park.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM

DD is 7 so we are starting the hang out phase rather than calling it play dates.  I am hoping she gets invited over this coming week to a friends house so they can do girly things together.  At 8, he should just be able to go over there to play with his friend without you having to be around.

janitablue
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I love the fact you take time to take him to park that is great.

Quoting honeydewmommy:

Mine always fall through too, I feel so bad. Its always something. I am happy he plays with his friends at school but with afterschool stuff and work and juggling everything else. who really has time for a playdate anymore anyways. Its easier for me to just take him to the park on Sunday, we have a large city park where EVERYONE takes thier kids I let him loose in there. Thats his playdate..when we make it to the park.

janitablue
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

DD is 7 so we are starting the hang out phase rather than calling it play dates.  I am hoping she gets invited over this coming week to a friends house so they can do girly things together.  At 8, he should just be able to go over there to play with his friend without you having to be around.

He friends live on the other side of town. It would be nice.......

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting janitablue:

Quoting frndlyfn:

He friends live on the other side of town. It would be nice.......

That would be hard for pick up/drop off when you have an 8 hr shift unless they did a sleepover and you were working over night.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Sure do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsLogansMommy
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:15 AM

my dd is an only child (well at least she is being raised as an only child she has siblings older than her and do not live with us) I try to set up play dates as often as I can. i am very busy and hardly have time to breathe let alone make small talk with strangers while our kids play but I make it a priority because I know she gets lonely

janitablue
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Thank you for you perspective kudos to you for making  it a top priority that is something I need to do.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

my dd is an only child (well at least she is being raised as an only child she has siblings older than her and do not live with us) I try to set up play dates as often as I can. i am very busy and hardly have time to breathe let alone make small talk with strangers while our kids play but I make it a priority because I know she gets lonely

Cindy18
by Cruella on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Never really set up playdates, just went to friend's houses or met at the park with friends.

~~Cindy

momofemy
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:02 AM
We only have them every few months and the birthday parties. She is 6. The parents don't stay with the kids anymore for ours. But I got to know the parents some when they were younger and they got to know me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN