Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

:(

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 7 Replies
I think my son is being bullied but he wont talk about it. Hes overly sensitve about the subject so i talked to his teacher about it and she says she hasnt seen anything. I Have seen a change in him the past few months to where hes having outburst saying "nobody likes me or wants to play with me"...and "i hate myself and everyone hates me and is mean". mY 7 Year old isnt this way. Hes positive, and light hearted. i dunno
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Maybe have him talk to the school counsel if you have one or have him see one. Maybe he will talk with the principal or someone he trusts he can talk to and maybe open up too.

It could just be he is not bullied but maybe an outsider and feeling very alone. It could be other things too.

ProudMamma1982
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Raeann11:

Maybe have him talk to the school counsel if you have one or have him see one. Maybe he will talk with the principal or someone he trusts he can talk to and maybe open up too.

It could just be he is not bullied but maybe an outsider and feeling very alone. It could be other things too.

I think he wont talk to me because he knows ill go to the school and he may be worried itll make things worse for him. I dont know my heart brakes for me kid just thinking about it. I think ill take your advice and go from there and see if hell open up! thanks
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Your welcome, I have both my girls bullied. They did talk to us about it. But we also have them talk to our school counselor. She helped out a lot and they opened up a bit more to her.

I hope it all goes well and you find out what is going on.

Quoting ProudMamma1982:

Quoting Raeann11:

I think he wont talk to me because he knows ill go to the school and he may be worried itll make things worse for him. I dont know my heart brakes for me kid just thinking about it. I think ill take your advice and go from there and see if hell open up! thanks

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I agree with talking to the school counselor.

Also continue to explain to your son that you can't help him improve things unless he talks about it. Also stress the bottling up emotions isn't healthy and that he'll feel better once he tells you what's bothering him.

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I always ask these questions: What was the best thing that happened today? What was the worst thing that happened? What was the funniest thing that happened? Who did you play with?  Instead of asking directly what's wrong, I just ask these questions.  All of them get asked the same thing, so that nobody feels singled out. Eventually whatever happened comes out. 

Kmcasey9
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

There is bullying going on in my son's 3rd grade class.  The teacher was unaware of it until the children brought it up to her.  The child being bullied was acting like your son.  The bully knew enough to do "his stuff" when teachers weren't looking.  Some of the non-bullied kids told their parents who finally told the parents of the child being bullied.  The child still won't discuss it, but the parents are now in the loop and can decide how they want to handle it.  I think it is the responsibility of each parent to keep open dialogue with their kids AND other parents.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Just remind all of your children that they're loved and that home is a safe place to discuss things that are bothering them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)