Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Need Advice about transportation

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi everyone!  

My child is supposed to enter Pre-K next year.  Our house is less than a mile from the school, so we can't get a bus to take her.  Unfortunately, school doesn't start until 8:00AM and my husband and I both work early.  How do we get her to school?  Her current daycare center won't transport her there because it's out of their county.  (we're just over the line), she can't go to the school that they transport to, again, because it is out of the county  we live in.  We don't know anyone from the school (nor do we trust anyone yet).  I'm at a loss.  I've looked into local child care centers and they don't provide transportation before school.    Any advice?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Replies (41-41):
cjsbmom
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Try finding an AM/PM nanny through Sittercity.com or Care.com who can come to your home in the morning and walk your child to school (or get her on the bus). Both of those sites do extensive background checks on the people they allow to advertise their services through them, so you can feel safe with them. We've used both and have been quite pleased. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)