Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Know This Has Probably Been Asked Before But

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 14 Replies

for moms' of girls. When did your girls start developing? I didn't until I was 10. My older dd will be 8 in June and is looking like I may need to get her a training bra soon. She has also started exploring (her daddy caught her one day lol). 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM
My oldest is only 6 so we havent made it there yet lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashleysmommy123
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM

OMG!!!  My DH would FREAK if he caught our daughter doing that!!  Not freak that its a bad thing, but freak because he doesn't want to think of his little girl growing up!!!  My daughter noticed buds developing a few months ago and she just turned 8 in January.  She doesn't need a bra or anything but I think the process is starting.

June3May4June3
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Quoting ashleysmommy123:

OMG!!!  My DH would FREAK if he caught our daughter doing that!!  Not freak that its a bad thing, but freak because he doesn't want to think of his little girl growing up!!!  My daughter noticed buds developing a few months ago and she just turned 8 in January.  She doesn't need a bra or anything but I think the process is starting.

He did freak! He now knocks or sends her sister to get her. Our younger dd used to explore when she was younger but our older girl never did.

coronado25
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I started wearing a bra when I was 9; just to cover those awful pointy bumps. I hated "development".  I started developing at 8 years old but remained small breasted into adult hood...Though many peers thought I would wind up very big breasted because I was wearing a bra before others. I remember my mother telling me that it happened to her around the same age. 

My daughter was the same. She started developing at about 7  1/2 or 8 years old.  I bought a few little different styles of soft bras and undershirts for her, told them they were for her, to keep in her drawer, if she felt she wanted to,or needed to wear them.  She started wearing what I had bought on her own. It  seemed like it was a pretty easy transistion for her.

janitablue
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Quoting June3May4June3:

Quoting ashleysmommy123:

He did freak! He now knocks or sends her sister to get her. Our younger dd used to explore when she was younger but our older girl never did.

OMG I would freak out too. Click on Breast and Bra

click on Early development

June3May4June3
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Quoting janitablue:

Quoting June3May4June3:

Quoting ashleysmommy123:

OMG I would freak out too. Click on Breast and Bra

click on Early development

She has also been really moody/emotional lately too (she is normally my easygoing child). I think she would actually like wearing a training bra (she used to wear a bathing suit top as one).

June3May4June3
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Quoting coronado25:

I started wearing a bra when I was 9; just to cover those awful pointy bumps. I hated "development".  I started developing at 8 years old but remained small breasted into adult hood...Though many peers thought I would wind up very big breasted because I was wearing a bra before others. I remember my mother telling me that it happened to her around the same age. 

My daughter was the same. She started developing at about 7  1/2 or 8 years old.  I bought a few little different styles of soft bras and undershirts for her, told them they were for her, to keep in her drawer, if she felt she wanted to,or needed to wear them.  She started wearing what I had bought on her own. It  seemed like it was a pretty easy transistion for her.

All she really has is the awful "bumps". I have a friend who has an 11 year old dd who "forgets" to wear her bra most of the time. My dd would love one though!

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Dd is 8 and a stick. No developing any time soon. Lol I got a training bra in 6th grade. Really didn't need one, but, everyone else had one, so...... Lol

fwiw, my friends kids have pleasures themselves since they were toddlers. She just tells them to do it in private.

gravitygirl1984
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I think I was in 4th grade. My daughter is 8 and she can't wait to wear a bra however I'm hoping we're a long ways away from those days!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM

My dd is only 7 and has not started anything, yet. The average age for periods in my family is 11 and they say budding starts about 2 years before that so I would think that I have 2-3 years still. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)