Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Spring And Summer Birthdays!!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM
  • 13 Replies
So does your Elementary kid or kiddos celebrate their birthday and when? My youngest boy Nathan just turned 10 a week ago today. And my youngest girl Emily will celebrate her 12th birthday in Aug the 24th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:01 AM

My daughter has a May birthday.  She'll take a treat of some kind into school, and have a party with some of the kids.

June3May4June3
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:04 AM

All of my kids have spring birthdays! Emma 6/3 (turning 8), Anelise 5/4 (turning 6), Paul 6/3 (turning 1)

Jennyanne322
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:06 AM
DS is June 13th. School here doesn't get out till the end of June. Last year we had a big party for him. Not sure what we will be doing this year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM

My elem. schoolers have Jan b-days. Ds1's b-day, however is the first day of spring- 3/20; he's 14 now.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM

My youngest will be 5 in May, my oldest will be 15 in June, and my second son will be 12 in August.

happy birthday

corrinacs
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Well, sort of.  My son has his birthday as soon as school starts in September.  I kind of count this as a summer birthday, at least this year sicne he was in a new class and I didn't know the parents.

But I just invited all of his friends and got to meet the parents, it was perfect :).

But as far as summer birthdays, I'd have your child perhaps send out invites right before school ends.  Or at least get in contact with the parents (if you can) of the friends he likes and invite them!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM

My birthday is in March and I have always celebrated it in March.  My sister's birthday is in August and she always celebrated in August.  My oldest son's birthday is in December and he always celebrates it in December.  My youngest son's birthday was in October and he celebrates it in October.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't celebrate their birthday around when it actually is.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM

When my oldest was in the young grades- about K-2nd- the teacher would assign a time near the end of the school year for parents to bring treats for their summer birthday kids' birthday. I brought in treats at that time for my oldest, who has a July birthday.

But since our school no longer allows birthday treats at all, it hasn't been an issue- my younger kids have never brought anything in for their birthdays (my youngest also has a July b-day and my middle child has a January b-day.)

My oldest will be 13 in July, middle daughter turned 9 in January, and my youngest son turns 8 in July.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM

My kiddo is in winter, but I am in June.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM

She turned 7 3 weeks before easter.  She took cupcakes to school and then invited a friend out for the day (about 3-4 hrs).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)