Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

As a child growing up life was so much better

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 35 Replies

Do you agree life was better , maybe safer , children was seen not heard, there were less fast food places...........

I don't feel my childhood was better it was the same as my son.  The only difference my parents had a huge yard that I could explore and play in, my parents trust the neighborhood kids I don't from my experience.,,,,,,,

Do you think life (childhood) was better? What are you thoughts?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeremysMom
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:25 AM
It's different but not better. Just because there are more fast food places doesn't mean you have to go to them. I am sure our children will say they had it better than their children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:29 AM

It was different. I think the world was still the same place though. You can make your children's childhood any way you want to.

kaylasmom22
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:29 AM
It's different and was safer at least where I grew up.( the dominican republic)I loved my childhood but there are things I missed out on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I love that comment I never thought of that. 

Quoting smushy79:

It was different. I think the world was still the same place though. You can make your children's childhood any way you want to.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I agree with the others that it's just different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I can relate especially  having  the great experience being raise and born on a island.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

It's different and was safer at least where I grew up.( the dominican republic)I loved my childhood but there are things I missed out on.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I think my children are having a great childhood. It is for us to make sure they grow up happy and well rounded regardless of the world around them.

janitablue
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Well said I agreed.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I think my children are having a great childhood. It is for us to make sure they grow up happy and well rounded regardless of the world around them.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

It's slightly different, but certainly NOT worse. I don't believe that my childhood was safer either. The perception that children are "sitting ducks" for kidnappers and molesters is not reality by a long shot.  I had a great childhood and my kids are too. In fact, there's not a whole lot that's different except where each of us grew up. The expectations, standard of living, etc, are all the same.  As for fast food restaurants, that's a choice not a difference.

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Did you know crime is at an all time low and still dropping? We're actually living in a safer place, but thanks to media we are more aware when bad things happen.

I think todays children are being smothered by their parents' fears, but that could be an over-generalization.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN