Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Community theater..Opening night! *update & pic*

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM
  • 13 Replies

So excited! The kids have been rehearsing since early January for Dr. Doolittle. My 12 yo DS and 10yo DD play the lion and lioness.

It was SOO CUTE! I helped back stage tonight because I have friends coming tomorrow to see it :) Adorable!

Here are my kids in their costumes. We aren't supposed to take pics during the show but  Iwil ltake a few tomorrow :) 

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Hope they have a blast!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Tell them to break a leg and I hope that you enjoy the show.  I hope that you are able to get a few pics to share.

Our school just put on Beauty and the Beast.  My youngest son really wanted to try out for a part, but try outs are open to kids in 4th grade and up, he's in 3rd.  The director is a friend of mine and I could have possibly gotten him a part, but I'm not like that.  I can't wait to see what they will be doing next year.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Awww- I hear ya- there is always next year.  

This was kind of a fluke. Someone from the homeschool group posted about it and since we dont go to school, this is a great way for them to have a drama experience. It has been interesting! 

Quoting steelcrazy:

Tell them to break a leg and I hope that you enjoy the show.  I hope that you are able to get a few pics to share.

Our school just put on Beauty and the Beast.  My youngest son really wanted to try out for a part, but try outs are open to kids in 4th grade and up, he's in 3rd.  The director is a friend of mine and I could have possibly gotten him a part, but I'm not like that.  I can't wait to see what they will be doing next year.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM

You always seem to be on one adventure or another.  lol  That is what I love about homeschooling, there is always time for adventures and trying new things.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

This was kind of a fluke. Someone from the homeschool group posted about it and since we dont go to school, this is a great way for them to have a drama experience. It has been interesting! 

Quoting steelcrazy:

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Like I said in the activities post I did a few days ago- I want to keep them active and out and about. 

I would totally go insane if we weren't out of the house on a regular basis. Remember that old movie Short Circuit? NEED INPUT! LOL

I'm not sure if we will do another theater performance. There were so many issues with this one. It will be up to the kids but it has been interesting. We dont do a whole lot of memorization, so learning linees was good for them. 

It was also pretty inexpensive. I had to buy two sets of make-up, butthere wre no other fees with it. Iwill be buying a few tickets for friends and family to see the show, but other than that, it's free.

Quoting steelcrazy:

You always seem to be on one adventure or another.  lol  That is what I love about homeschooling, there is always time for adventures and trying new things.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Quoting steelcrazy:

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Tell them "Break a leg!" for me : )

jaytee
by Jen on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM
That's so fun! Tell them to "break a leg!!!"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Thanks all! 30 min to show time!
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Woohoo! It went great! There were a few lines missed by several cast members, but others picked up for them. It went really well!

I got a pic of my two on their costumes. Will post in a few. I will get some of the actual show tomorrow.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Their costumes are so cute.  I'm glad that the show went fairly well.  Opening night is always the hardest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)