Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

5 year old DD, stay at friends?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 25 Replies

My daughter is in Kindergarten and we just met one of her friends parents today at the park, she is really nice and a teacher there at her school, good neighborhood and everything.  Well they both asked us at the same time if they could have a playdate at the other little girls house.  My husband is more relaxed than me about it, but I am thinking of letting her play there for a couple hours.  This is a first for us though besides friends we know. But I am still wishy washy about it.  I know my dd would love to go though.  Have you let your lil one (kinder and up) over at a friends when you aren't really close to the parents?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Some parents I know very well, some not as much. I'm OK with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlb456
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:43 PM
No i havnt but ds is a hand full (i think hes a.d.h.d lol) and ive watched waay to many law n orders lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Allisonc7910
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Quoting mlb456:

No i havnt but ds is a hand full (i think hes a.d.h.d lol) and ive watched waay to many law n orders lol

lol, yeah me too!

Allisonc7910
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Some parents I know very well, some not as much. I'm OK with it.

I am a nervous parent, lol, so I guess if I did agree I still would be biting my nails the whole time.  I might wait and see if she calls us.

mlb456
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Some of those episodes really makes me think n some make me cry.. df always laughs at me lol

Quoting Allisonc7910:

Quoting mlb456:

lol, yeah me too!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Yes, I have. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I would just due to how i have gotten to know the parents.   I would let them know to call me any time dd is uncomfortable or if she wants to come home.  She has one friend that does not do well at other peoples houses so she prefers to do them at her home.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure, I have let my kids play at their friend's houses.  They've been doing it since they were in preschool. 

If I were you, I'd let her go.  I'm sure that she will have a great time.

cats911
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Just tell the parents straight up, that you have never done this before, and you are nervous, so can you come too?  Just like that, if she says no, I would not let my daughter go, if she says yes, you get to see the environment, and the makings of maybe a new friend.

MJP76
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM

No.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN