Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should Electronic gadget allow in your child/children room

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 68 Replies

As a child I never had a televison in my bedroom. I share my bedroom with my brother who was six at the time. When my son had his own room my husband gave him a television. I was dissappoint but I held my tongue. My husband of course has no problem with it. My son also has cable which my husband monitor it.  The funny part of this my son rarely watch tv in his room. He always dominant tv in the living prefers to watch tv with us.

Do you allow your child/children to have a computer, and televison in their child room ?

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM
They listen to bedtime music on my Kindle at night, that's it. I see no need for anything else in there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:48 AM

My son has a TV he rarely watches in his room and his laptop. The TV is actually a family TV that was extra when we bought a bigger one. It was in my room for a little while, but it ended up in his room. He hardly ever watches it as a TV, instead he hooks it up to his laptop as a second screen for games.

Kris_PBG
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM

No tv in their room.

They have tablets which they obviously can move around and use in any room.

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM
My son has a tv in his room and watches it before bed every night. He normally watches the one in the living room though,
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Both kids have TV's in their rooms and really only watch it during quiet time.  At night, it's set to a classical music channel playing softly.  Other than that, they're usually in the living room.

jamianne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM

My kids do not have tvs or computers in their bedroom.  DH wanted to get them a tv and I refused.  They watch tv in the living room or they can watch Netflix or tv on our iPad in their room.  We just cleaned up an old laptop for them to use.  The rule is it stays in the living room on the table where we can see exactly what they're doing on it.  My ds has a clock radio in his room and will sometimes listen to music, but that's about it.  At 6 & 4 I see no reason for them to have a tv or computer in their bedroom.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM

When they are older, like high school age we might let them have a tv in their room and a computer but not before that.

We have a desktop in the living room they can use and we only have 1 tv in the living room.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Neither boy has a tv, computer, or any internet access in their bedroom.  They can listen to music and play hand-held video games in there though.

SaraBethKY
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I had a tv in my room but we didn't have cable so I only could watch 6 channels. I also had a computer, but with the internet being fairly new, there was not a fraction of the bad stuff that I cam across that I do now. DH and I are in agreement that our children will not have tvs and computers in their rooms. 

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Yep. If it becomes an issue I just unplug it at night. Just the TV. Mac had a comp in his room when he lived here. It was never an issue and wasn't connected to the internet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)