Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Career Day :)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • 16 Replies

What would your child choose?

Caden chose to be a geologist.  We were hoping for architect and he could spend some time with grandpa, but his baby brother was with him and he took up all the time :(.

But, we pulled together a geologist.  Luckily, he loves geology!  He brought a ton of rocks to school including a geode!  A hard hat!  And normal clothes, because geologists just dress in normal clothes (he said LOL).

He didn't have his materials in time for his presentation, but the teacher did say they allowed him to show off his rocks later in the day, which made him super happy :).

How about you guys?

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Yay. I got featured :)

JanuaryBaby06
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:47 PM

We had career day a bit ago. Bill (1st grade) went as a robotic engineer(which is what he has wanted to be since he was 3 years old but then we called it a robot maker-lol). I took an old white t-shirt adn cut it down the middle for his lab coat, then borrowed daddys protetive glasses and gloves and he made a robot from boxes and tin foil. and we made a mobile with pictures of other things engineers have made. His speech was pretty kick butt. He memorized it. I had 3 teachers and the vice proncible call me to tell me what an amazing job he did :D

MJP76
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM

My oldest has already chosen a path. Computers. He's in college now.

my middle child wants to be in the arts or sorts. She wants to major in dance and minor in special FX make-up.

currently my youngest wants to be a video game inventor. He will probably end up in computers just like his dad and older brother.

mamavalor
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM

DD1 wants to be a dermatologist.  DD2 wants to be a lawyer and hopefully a judge.  DS wants to be part of all aspects of building bridges, buildings, cars, and such.

corrinacs
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

We are a family of  computer nerds too LOL.  Caden is pretty good on them, too!

Quoting MJP76:

My oldest has already chosen a path. Computers. He's in college now.

my middle child wants to be in the arts or sorts. She wants to major in dance and minor in special FX make-up.

currently my youngest wants to be a video game inventor. He will probably end up in computers just like his dad and older brother.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM

My son wants to be an architect.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:44 PM
My sons changes all the time. I'm not even sure what is right now. For a long time he wanted to work in McDonalds so he could eat there free.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:45 PM
My sons changes all the time. I'm not even sure what is right now. For a long time he wanted to work in McDonalds so he could eat there free.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Our career day isn't like that at all.  For career day, guest speakers come into the school and talk to the students about their job and answer any questions that the students may have.  My husband and I have both been guest speakers in the past and may do it this year as well.

As far as what my boys want to be when they grow up, who knows.  It has changed a lot over the years as their interests have changed.  Honestly, very few people choose their life long career in elementary school, so I don't press them to decide now. 

MrsApple
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM

My daughter chose Policeman...like her Daddy :) I took patches from one of hubby's old shirts and sewed them on to her tshirt.She was so proud to show off Daddy's patches! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)