Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Talk about busy!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey ladies! Long time no type! lol. We have been sooo busy! Between registering my 4y/o for school, building animal housing, buying rabbits and chickens for the aforementioned housing, and getting my 11y/o set up for deaf camp this summer, I haven't had time to breathe. So to catch y'all up on my psychoticness, here's a recap:

After 2 years of discussing raising animals for meat/egg/fur/feathers my husband and I finally got chickens and rabbits. Their housing is all repurposed materials from when my grandfather had the house redone. We originally had 10 chickens (7hens 3 roosters by mistake) but 5 of the chickens we got from the auction aparently had infectious bronchitis and killed half our flock. Grrrr. We bought more chickens (NOT from the auction) and have quarrentined the ones who got sick. We got 5 rabbits from the auction (perfectly healthy) and are expecting our first litter of bunnies in the next 2 weeks. Awesomest thing ever? We traded a truck toolbox (that I paid $20 for) plus $40 and got 2 10ft rabbit hutches with 6 rabbits, 4 of which are pure bred rex. Now we're just waiting to see what happens with the chickens who got sick and for the pullets we bought to get big enough to make eggs. Between taking care of my 3 spawn babies, working full time, taking care of the animals and trying to make time for the hubs, I'm freakin' beat! What've y'all been up to?

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Wow, you sure have been busy!  I've been busy with work and PTA crapola.  We've also been working on cleaning up the trees that we took down this past winter.  Cutting them up, splitting and stacking the wood, and buringing the small limbs.  I'm so tired of playing lumberjack that it isn't even funny.  lol

I'm jealous of your chickens.  I want chickens.  My husband and cousin, beef farmer, refuse to let me get them because they are too dirty.  I crap up at the idea that chickens are dirtier than cows and pigs, but I guess that they are.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Wow! Both of you have been busy! I was relaxing all week last week during Spring Break.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM

It's been the same old stuff around here. Having to get on ds1's case about grades, different Scout activities for all 3 kids. My cousin is staying w/ us until he and his fiance move out near us after their wedding; that's been fun b/c he's like the little brother I never had. My parents visited last month.

That's pretty cool about all your new animals. Well, except for the sick ones. 

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

busy mom    juggling

abmaddox1981
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Wow, you sure have been busy!  I've been busy with work and PTA crapola.  We've also been working on cleaning up the trees that we took down this past winter.  Cutting them up, splitting and stacking the wood, and buringing the small limbs.  I'm so tired of playing lumberjack that it isn't even funny.  lol

I'm jealous of your chickens.  I want chickens.  My husband and cousin, beef farmer, refuse to let me get them because they are too dirty.  I crap up at the idea that chickens are dirtier than cows and pigs, but I guess that they are.

Chickens are pretty disgusting. But with only 2 acres my choices are limited. On the flips side, I'd rather deal with the wierd disgutingness than pay almost $2 a dozen for eggs, it's rediculous!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN