Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted over the weekend about my son missing school

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

I e-mailed the principal, she said to call her on Thursday and talk to her about it, and that we shouldn't have to cancel our vacation. 

I have a feeling the family member who teaches is right, they send these out just to let parents know where their child is at. We're still planning to just do a day trip instead, but I will call her Thursday anyways to see her thoughts. I told her I'd be in the building tomorrow but she won't be there.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
periwinkle163
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I hope it works out for you, I know here the rules are stricter and there is no way our principal would go for that.

Idntreallycare
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Now I'm all anxious to call her, even though she's a major sweetheart. When I originally emailed her, I let her know I got the letter and that we had thought about a vacation at that time but weren't sure. She replied to call thursday and I let her know that we were planning on skipping the vacation. She said she'd talk to me thursday but she wouldn't cancel a vacation

Idntreallycare
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Waiting for her to call me back

anxiousschk
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM

*sigh*  

I don't think you're getting the bigger picture.  Letter or no letter, 14 days is a lot.  Too many to be adding on days just for fun.  

Idntreallycare
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM

She said it's a standard form to send out at the end of each semester and that she isn't too worried. She said that not missing any more days is optimal, but if we had something planned already she wouldn't cancel it. 

We are still only planning a day trip that weekend instead of a 3-4 day vacation. She was very understanding, said 80% of the students miss like 5 days at most, but she knows some kids get sick more often or miss more days for whatever reason. 

Quoting anxiousschk:

*sigh*  

I don't think you're getting the bigger picture.  Letter or no letter, 14 days is a lot.  Too many to be adding on days just for fun.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)