Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preparing For My Sons 7th Birthday

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi Ladies,

My youngest son will be turning 7 on the 25thof this month I start planning for his party around the 4th of April instead of waiting until the last second. We are taking him out to Chuckie E Cheese he is so excited he loves going out there a friend of the family is making the cake he asked for a power ranger cake. I bought the goody bags and the candy for the good bags and put it up out of my sons reach and did not even tell them I got it. Yesterday I was out and found a big bag of silly bands that I am going to put in the goody bags as well with the candy I am planning to get a few other little toys to go in the goody bags as well any suggestions on where I can get a good deal on little patry favors ?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM

dollar stores

Party City

http://www.orientaltrading.com/

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy early birthday to your son too!! :-)

SwtSnowflake2
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM
These!

Quoting Barabell:

dollar stores

Party City

http://www.orientaltrading.com/

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I tend not to go too crazy on party favors 'junk' - I figure if most parents are like me, they get tossed in the trash as soon as we get home anyway.  ;-)

How many kids are you inviting?

Punch Balloons tend to be a big hit - I can usually find these at the Dollar Tree (3 in a pack).  Since it has a Power Ranger theme, you might look for the Power Ranger Trading Cards and put one in each goodie bag.  You might also ask Chuck E Cheese if they have coupons you can add to the goodie bags.  BTW, does CEC not offer a goody bag of their own?  You might want to check that out too.  If they include a goodie bag in the cost, you don't have to buy as much/if anything of your own.

I have already started planning my son's bday party as well but his isn't until June.  The place I am having it books up fast so I had to get on that right away.  He is having a Halloween Costume Bowling Party.  His idea -  Too funny!  I am actually having fun planning a Halloween party for June.

Good luck with your party!

sweetrose174
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Thank you :-)

Quoting Barabell:

Happy early birthday to your son too!! :-)

sweetrose174
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM

That is true

10 kids have been invited

The punch balloons sound like they would be a nice edition to the goody bags as well as the power ranger trading cards works right in with the theme. I am not sure about Chuckie E Cheese offering goody bags that is something I will have to look into for sure. Sounds like your son party is going to be lots of fun and exciting I am sure he cannot wait until June get's here.

Thank you and good luck with your party too!

Quoting ivf_blessed:

I tend not to go too crazy on party favors 'junk' - I figure if most parents are like me, they get tossed in the trash as soon as we get home anyway.  ;-)

How many kids are you inviting?

Punch Balloons tend to be a big hit - I can usually find these at the Dollar Tree (3 in a pack).  Since it has a Power Ranger theme, you might look for the Power Ranger Trading Cards and put one in each goodie bag.  You might also ask Chuck E Cheese if they have coupons you can add to the goodie bags.  BTW, does CEC not offer a goody bag of their own?  You might want to check that out too.  If they include a goodie bag in the cost, you don't have to buy as much/if anything of your own.

I have already started planning my son's bday party as well but his isn't until June.  The place I am having it books up fast so I had to get on that right away.  He is having a Halloween Costume Bowling Party.  His idea -  Too funny!  I am actually having fun planning a Halloween party for June.

Good luck with your party!

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Target Dollar bins

aetrom
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:38 AM
We always add in a party whistle, we have had great success with glow bracelets or glow things....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Party city is the place to go.

corrinacs
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:39 PM

That's awesome!  ChuckECheese is awesome.

As far as party favors, I'd go to the Dollar Tree!  They are fantastic and you can get a ton of neatr stuff.  I don't think I'd get thier party favors specifically, but I'd get stuff like foam stickers, stickers, and that sort of stuff :).  And $1 for a whole lot....you can't beat it :).

For my son, I made his goody bags out of paper bags.  Super cheap.  I then went to etsy.com and had someone design labels of the character my son wanted (Mario).  Printed off many sheets of those (for cupcake toppers and the goody bags).  Cost me $3 to have made and I could print it off 10000000 times if I wanted :).  Cheaper than the celophane and better on the environment :)

Target also has some great party favors in thier isle too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)