Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

working from home

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have recently ran into a babysitter issue for my child an had to quit my job so now I am looking to a job to work from home but all I seem to find are scams or people wanting money to start u. Does anyone know of a work from home job that's not a scam????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:37 PM

When you seriously work from home, you typically don't have the time to be caring for your children at the same time.  So if your children aren't in school all day long, I would look for another sitter and a job away from the house.

I have a degree in accounting and doing accounting work from home most of the time.  I do go into the office for meetings a few times a month.  When my children were little, I worked around my husband's schedule so that he could care for the kids while I was working.

What is your degree/work experience in?  That would be where I would start with looking for jobs.

Keagans_Mom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM
My child does go to school during the day.. I an a cna an finding a job to work around her school schedule is hard considering I will either go in before she goes to school or be getting off after the bus runs. She was born with a disability so finding a babysitter is not easy cause they all end up saying its to hard for them an the old babysitter was my ex mother in law but she is having major health issues an the ex husband is a truck driver so he is only home on weekends an my mothers health keeps her from being able to keep her for long periods of time... An on top of that the diagnoses my daughter has she is the second case they have found so they dont really no how severe thing like the flu an common colds can be for her which result in a lot of doctors appointments plus she has prosthetic legs which are always having to have readjustments done so that more time off I have to take from work.. I have to have a job in some way to make money to live.. I am just stuck on what to do.
momofjkkc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Ive had a hard time finding work at home jobs. I did one for about a week where you call hotels and get rates but it was a pain in the butt, the lady was very negative, not very helpful and when I quit I never got paid for the time I did.
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Since you're a CNA, can you get paid as being her caregiver? I know it varies from state to state, but I know someone and my husband knows someone else that receive money for being full time caregivers for family members. It's not a ton of money, but enough to cover the basics.

Quoting Keagans_Mom:

My child does go to school during the day.. I an a cna an finding a job to work around her school schedule is hard considering I will either go in before she goes to school or be getting off after the bus runs. She was born with a disability so finding a babysitter is not easy cause they all end up saying its to hard for them an the old babysitter was my ex mother in law but she is having major health issues an the ex husband is a truck driver so he is only home on weekends an my mothers health keeps her from being able to keep her for long periods of time... An on top of that the diagnoses my daughter has she is the second case they have found so they dont really no how severe thing like the flu an common colds can be for her which result in a lot of doctors appointments plus she has prosthetic legs which are always having to have readjustments done so that more time off I have to take from work.. I have to have a job in some way to make money to live.. I am just stuck on what to do.

janitablue
by Janita on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:22 AM

As a CNA have you consider working part time or doing the grave yard shift. 11pm to 7am or 3pm to 11pm.

Quoting Keagans_Mom:

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I do childcare from home. I get to be home and my girls have playmates. It works perfect for us.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:15 PM

You could also look into working for those comanies that provide assistance to elderly that choose to live in their own homes.  The CNA's typically visit during the daytime hours and assist with bathing, do basic health checks, and just check in with their patients to make sure that they are doing well.  My grandfather had a girl that came in 3 days a week when he was living at home still.

Keagans_Mom
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Nothing like that is available in alabama that know of.

Quoting Barabell:

Since you're a CNA, can you get paid as being her caregiver? I know it varies from state to state, but I know someone and my husband knows someone else that receive money for being full time caregivers for family members. It's not a ton of money, but enough to cover the basics.

Quoting Keagans_Mom:

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I think if you go on the jobs section of Craigslist you can find jobs that are specifically for telecommuting. Besides being a CNA, I don't know what other skills you have so this may or may not be an option for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:13 PM

It's through the Department of Human Services here. It might be worth calling to find out.

My friend takes care of her paraplegic mother, and my husband's acquaintance is a mom who's son's life relies on medical equipment to keep him alive. I don't think he's ever gone to school because of the severity of his condition. So they are very serious medical conditions.

Quoting Keagans_Mom:

Nothing like that is available in alabama that know of.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting Keagans_Mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)