Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Would you or have you ever taken your child out of school for a family vacation?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am just curious because DH wants to do this with our 7 year old next year (he will be in 2nd grade) for  a trip to Disney. Mainly becuase it is so expensive and crowded to go during normal vacation times. It would be for a week but we would try to do it around a long weekend. 

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Replies (31-35):
mamavalor
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Thought about it but no.

rockinmomto2
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't. My kids are doing well in school, but I think a week away would be detrimental to their learning and I wouldn't do that. School comes first.

kblpooh
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:52 AM
I have taken them out for 1 or 2 days to make a long weekend. It has usually been related to a family event out of town, like a wedding etc. I don't think I would do a whole week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vermontmoms
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Yes, I have done this and would do this without reservation for grades 4th and below. My boys have never had any issues with missing; they are also advanced for their grade which makes the decision even easier.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkcsmtlgy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:41 AM

y oldest missed one day because of a family trip. But, it was a day where he would have had a field trip s he didn't really miss anything. I don't think I could take him out for more than that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)