Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

School pictures are coming up... Spring pictures. In our county schools take pictures twice a year, in the fall and in the spring. How many times a year does your child's school take School Pictures?

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Replies (41-50):
silverdawn99
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Twice a year
But we only buy spring pictures
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eclaudin
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Actually iforgot about the class pictures, but only once a year for individuals. Whereabouts are you in ne Ohio? Im in Willoughby Hills.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

I'm in NorthEast Ohio and we've done it at least 3-4 times (2 times plus make ups)

Quoting eclaudin:

Just once here in northeast Ohio, about a month into the school year.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Our district only does them in the fall.  I'm not sure why you'd need them taken more than once.

For small districts, I can see that. For larger districts it makes sense because they like to have current pictures for all their students. They keep an electronic copy in their files, and I can see it when I log into view his online assignments and lunch account balance. They get new students all the time, and so it just makes their student records more accurate.

Even if we buy pictures or not, we also get a safety photo twice a year with his first and last name and a current picture.

BKozICan
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Preschool, twice a year. Elementary, once a year. Elementary is far cheaper (I think I paid $30 for a package with cd and digital rights, plus a $20 shutterfly credit).

Mommy_Jenx3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Fall and spring. Spring pictures were last month here. I always buy the smallest package. One to give grandparents, one for us, one for the memory book for each year and a few extra left over.

boppysmom2007
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM
We do spring and fall here and kindergarten and 5th grade do graduation photos as well
neptunekitty
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:53 PM
This but not two different companies.. All lifetouch

Quoting jamianne:Ours does fall and spring.  With two different companies - it's weird.  The fall you pay in advance and get the whole choice of packages and add-ons, touch-ups, etc.  The spring you get sent five sheets of different sizes and you keep and pay for what you want.
bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Like 3 or 4 times a year...I bought dd's recent pics, I just had to have them

neptunekitty
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Mobile Photo

Spring pic of youngest
neptunekitty
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Mobile Photo

Spring pic of oldest
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN