Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Are you looking forward to your kids being on Summer break???

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 47 Replies

I am...I cant wait to have her home with me...

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM

In all honesty no I am not looking forward to it. They seem to get on each other nerves faster when they do not get away from each other during the day. I do try to find stuff for them to do apart but that gets hard.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes to no alarm going off, famiy camping trips, just hanging out together. No to the fighting/arguing/squabbling that goes on when they've just had enough of each other after a while.

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM

If it means that we finally get some warm weather around here......then yes!  I can't wait for summer break!!!  But honestly, part of me is not looking forward to it because my boys love to fight & drive each other crazy.  I do find a lot of fun things for us to do to keep us busy, but there are times I just want/need to be home & do nothing...without them driving me crazy!

Kool_Aide
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Yes I am!! We have 3 big vacations planned. It could not be here soon enough.

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I'm looking forward to summer camp and the activities we have planned, but I'm NOT looking forward to the endless togetherness. It's so hard to keep up with the house when I don't have a couple hours to focus on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
forsakenjewl24
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:44 PM

umm no not really lol i'm pregnant and i know one week outta the summer i'll be having 5 kids every day on top of my SO's daughters friends she wants to come over, on top of the neighbor kood kids who love my house! so i'm thinking 10-15 kids almost every day at my house.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM

It's still like 2 months away, and so I haven't really thought about it that much.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I don't have feelings one way or another about summer break.  It really doesn't change my routine at all, I'm sure that they enjoy sleeping late and doing basically what ever they want for 3 months.  I still have to work and do all of my normal chores like I do all year round.  I guess it would be different if my world revolved around them and their schedules.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I can't wait.  Of course, I'm off then as well.  We've got some things planned and other days we'll just take them as they come.  We're off this week for April vacation and are having a ball.  Today I took my daughter and her friend for a picnic at a park.  They ran around for about 2 hours before we had to go get my son from track (no school but still school sports); now they're running around the back yard.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Yes!! Very much...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN