Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have dinner ready for your kids when they get home from school??

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM
  • 124 Replies

I do..Dd is always starving...If dinner wasnt ready she would load up on junk, and skip dinner...

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2bell
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:01 AM
No. School is out at 3. We eat as a family nightly once my husband gets home. Dinner is between 530 and 6.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
reesesami
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:01 AM
No, she gets out of school at 2:10 or 11:50, depending on the day. She does have a snack when she gets home which is essentially a second lunch. It is always very healthy.
xoch86
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Dinner?? At 3. Negative. They have a light snack.. Crackers, veggie slices, a fruit... Fruit snacks( if their lucky), and dinner is at 6 sharp.

if I fed them right after school, they'd be loading up on junk at "dinner time"

thickmamaof2
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM
No school only gets out at 3. I don't get off work till 5. So dinner us usually ready around 630. He eats a snack though
bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM

dd gets home around 4:30

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Is she a bus kid? Just curious. Mine are out 3:35pm m-th, 1:55pm Friday. But we are a block from school, so, they are home about 5 mins later. Lol no, dinner isn't ready. Heck, if I don't feel like it, I have hubby bring something home, or we fend for ourselves. :) if my kids weren't home until 4:30pm, maybe. :) my kids are always hungry when they get home. They snack when they get home. :) your pic looks so much like one of dd's besties. :)

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

dd gets home around 4:30

TroyboysMom
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:17 AM

No. We get home at 4, and we eat between 6-6:30. DS has a snack when we get home (usually fruit or veggies and some crackers).

GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM
They get out too early for that. They snack on fruit, yogurt and granola.
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Nope.  We usually have a healthy snack for her like fresh fruit or pretzels.   If we ate that early, she would be hungry for rest of night.   We typically eat dinner between 5 and 6, at latest 7pm.    4:30pm is too early for dinner.   Why not have string cheese and fruit or something she could have a snack after school.  Even a cup of yogurt would be fine.  What does she eat for lunch time and what time is lunch?   DD got lucky that lunch is at noon and that is halfway through her school day.

momofjkkc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Same here

Quoting mom2bell:

No. School is out at 3. We eat as a family nightly once my husband gets home. Dinner is between 530 and 6.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)