Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

summer camps/schools

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 43 Replies
Anyone. Signing their children up? I'm looking for a few
I just signed. My going into 2nd grader for a week long enrichment course at the college, he will take art and science, they had 12 different classes, but you could only pick 2 :/

I'm still looking for more. We will also visit the 2 librarys we belong to often.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM

My boys go to basketball and volleyball camps and also to robotics camp. My daughter is taking 17 hours of dance and a couple tumbling classes.  They all also swim on the summer swim team.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Ds1 will be going to Boy Scout camp again for a week. I need to look into getting ds2 signed up for Webelos camp, but he can't go the session his Cub Scout pack is going. Same w/ dd and Girl Scout camp. Their Pack/Troop are going when we'll be out of state for a wedding.

We need to get them signed up for swimming lessons.

Other than that, we just wing it : )

MichelleSw
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I'm looking into it. Last year she did summer camp for any days during summer she could go to a rec center and do activities. I don't know if we will do that one again. We also have a zoo camp & a cheer camp we are looking into! :>

MomofHDFandNWF
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM

My DD (7) is going to be starting up FarmLeague/Softball here in another week or so; not exactly a summer camp - but a chance for her to associate with kids from her school outside of a school setting. 

She also she attends "Smunchkins Camp" at our Church Association's summer camp.  It is a 2-night overnighter which she attends with a relative (my mom is taking her) to get her "used to" going to the camp as next summer she will be able ta attend and stay on her own for a 4-night overnight camp.  Then each time they "graduate" up to the next level of camp, they add on a night until they eventually stay a whole week.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM

My son is doing a week long overnight Boy Scout Camp, and he's doing a week long overnight hockey camp--both in August.

He's also doing rec soccer and tennis lessons.

I've thought about signing him up for a bike building class and/or a math camp.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:49 AM
We start school on Aug 2nd, so a lot if the camps in the city or out of our small school district now conflict with school :/

Quoting Barabell:

My son is doing a week long overnight Boy Scout Camp, and he's doing a week long overnight hockey camp--both in August.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I would love to send Ds to zoo camp, nut our local zoo is $300 for the week, and the cincy zoo is too far to drive daily :/

Quoting MichelleSw:

I'm looking into it. Last year she did summer camp for any days during summer she could go to a rec center and do activities. I don't know if we will do that one again. We also have a zoo camp & a cheer camp we are looking into! :>

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM
17hrs a week or all summer?

Quoting mjande4:

My boys go to basketball and volleyball camps and also to robotics camp. My daughter is taking 17 hours of dance and a couple tumbling classes.  They all also swim on the summer swim team.

-KJ
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Ds 1- week long boyscout camp and soccer
Ds 2- baseball, summer hockey league, week long hockey camp and a 6 session hockey camp
Ds 3- t-ball, soccer and a 6 session hockey camp
Ss- will be at his moms so I'm not sure, maybe a football camp
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM

That seems really early compared to us. We don't start until after Labor Day. The school building doesn't have AC, so starting that early can be too hot inside a classroom with 20+ people in it. Some back to school open houses have been extremely hot, and I wonder how the teachers survive for the next couple of weeks until the cooler air comes.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

We start school on Aug 2nd, so a lot if the camps in the city or out of our small school district now conflict with school :/

Quoting Barabell:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)