Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Just curious....

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM
  • 14 Replies

How many groups are you a part of on CM?  How many of those groups do you just "lurk in" VS being an active participant? 

How do you decide when to leave a group?  What has caused you to leave a group in the past?

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mare1180
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in 10 groups. I used to be active in 3 of them. Now I rarely get on cafemom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I'm a member of 40-50 groups.  I post in 3 of them daily and 2 or 3 others a few times a week.  I'm not a lurker, if I go into a group to read posts, I also reply to them.

momofjkkc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Im in 6 but one is dead lol. I only look at the posts in other groups that have been featured. But I usually comment.
I dont like the ones with too much drama or husband bashing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I'm in a bunch of groups. At least 20, but maybe 30. I'm a regular poster in 2 groups. And about 4 other groups I read/post every now and again.

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Right there with you on the too much drama - the groups that I deleted last night were either because of too much drama OR because they just don't have a lot of "action" in them....

Quoting momofjkkc:

Im in 6 but one is dead lol. I only look at the posts in other groups that have been featured. But I usually comment.
I dont like the ones with too much drama or husband bashing.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I'm in about 30 groups, but only active in a handful of them. I sometimes lurk in some of the bigger CM drama groups for their entertainment value, but only if I'm really bored and in the right mood.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I belong to 14 groups, but only post w/ any regularity in 4 of them. Some of them are just pretty dead. Others are a little more active, but I only visit them once every 1-2 weeks. A couple of them were private groups that just kind-of fizzled out. None of us have left them, we just all gradually stopped going there as we moved to a private group on FB.

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM

15 maybe.  I'm active in about 7 or 8.  If I don't go into a group for awhile, or haven't had anything to add, then I'll leave.  I have left over drama before.  Just dont need that in my life. :)

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Maybe 15 I keep track of..about 6 I post/reply daily.

One is annoying and don't know why I stay in..lol

The others are dead and I reply when there are comments.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunflower37
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I was in four groups but now I am only in two. The main reason is there were men posting anonymously on the site and they even owned up to doing it to see if women would post pictures of themselves in their undergarments. If you are a member of In the Bedroom be careful of posting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)