Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Send you're child in PJs to school...edited with link to handbook

Posted by   + Show Post
I totally agree. This would probably make alot of kids want to get themselves dressed, to escape embarrassment. Where I live, even the public schools are required to wear uniforms. They are very strict about this, down to socks must be white and belts can only be black or brown. Also, the school district here punishes the parents if rules are broken. Does your child have to wear s uniform? Is their school's dress code strict? Do they punish parents for insubordination?

Check it out

http://bcps.ppsb.org/search/index.jsp?cx=002663991969204912193%3Antbv4wlfzjq&cof=FORID%3A9&q=Dress+code&sa.x=19&sa.y=4&sa=Search
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
atm1979
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
We have pj day too, but it's only once a year.

Quoting goddess99:

I guess there's a minor dress code here. I do send my dd to school in pjs on jammie days.

Newfie_Mom
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM
No uniforms and the dress code is a joke. I've seen girls in clubs with longer skirts ad more covering tops than what some of the girls wear.

I WISH they had uniforms here for public school.
jamianne
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM

No uniforms here, either.  Our dress code is fairly relaxed.  The only part I've ever run into trouble with was forgetting to send ds in sneakers on gym day.

Madisonsmommy1
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Our school makes us take in extra uniform bc of those reasons. My daughter had to change her shirt bc Fridays u can wear jeans but must be in uniform shirt and she wasn't so they made her change. They are strict. They can't wear any open toe shoes tights have to be the color they want. If kids wear a sweater in class it has to be their uniform color or they can't wear it.

Quoting atm1979:

Our school would send us home real fast and in a hurry.

Quoting Madisonsmommy1:

I almost did this to my daughter this morning. She didn't wanna get up. They are a uniform school too. I told her I will take u in ur pjs then u will have to sit in principles office and tell her why your not in uniform. She's in kindergarten n never use to give me problems til 3-4 months ago.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atm1979
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Our school requires sneakers daily. Their old school they had to be solid black or white shoes. Where they go now as long as they are tennis shoes that lace or Velcro they are good.

Quoting jamianne:

No uniforms here, either.  Our dress code is fairly relaxed.  The only part I've ever run into trouble with was forgetting to send ds in sneakers on gym day.

atm1979
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM
White tights only and jackets inside the building is a no no unless it's a school jacket. Under shirts can only be the color of uniforms.

Quoting Madisonsmommy1:

Our school makes us take in extra uniform bc of those reasons. My daughter had to change her shirt bc Fridays u can wear jeans but must be in uniform shirt and she wasn't so they made her change. They are strict. They can't wear any open toe shoes tights have to be the color they want. If kids wear a sweater in class it has to be their uniform color or they can't wear it.

Quoting atm1979:

Quoting Madisonsmommy1:

I almost did this to my daughter this morning. She didn't wanna get up. They are a uniform school too. I told her I will take u in ur pjs then u will have to sit in principles office and tell her why your not in uniform. She's in kindergarten n never use to give me problems til 3-4 months ago.

Madisonsmommy1
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Yup sounds like most uniform schools. All if them are like that here in Arizona. Not all schools here are uniform but most are.

Quoting atm1979:

White tights only and jackets inside the building is a no no unless it's a school jacket. Under shirts can only be the color of uniforms.

Quoting Madisonsmommy1:

Quoting atm1979:

Quoting Madisonsmommy1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atm1979
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Kids here are not allowed individuality except for shoes and whatever is in their hair. I understand they reasoning behind it though. The schools in the surrounding districts usr to have alot of violence due to someone wanting someone else's clothes.

Quoting Madisonsmommy1:

Yup sounds like most uniform schools. All if them are like that here in Arizona. Not all schools here are uniform but most are.

Quoting atm1979:

Quoting Madisonsmommy1:

Quoting atm1979:

Quoting Madisonsmommy1:

FebPenguins
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't have uniform requirements here, in fact during the month of March they had a friday where they all wore pjs, even some of the teachers joined in the fun.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Quoting Madisonsmommy1:

That is a blatant lie. One quick google search of the districts in Arizona and their school handbooks will clarify this. MOST schools in AZ do NOT have uniforms. There are only a handful of private schools and so the majority of schools are public.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN