Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Send you're child in PJs to school...edited with link to handbook

Posted by   + Show Post
I totally agree. This would probably make alot of kids want to get themselves dressed, to escape embarrassment. Where I live, even the public schools are required to wear uniforms. They are very strict about this, down to socks must be white and belts can only be black or brown. Also, the school district here punishes the parents if rules are broken. Does your child have to wear s uniform? Is their school's dress code strict? Do they punish parents for insubordination?

Check it out

http://bcps.ppsb.org/search/index.jsp?cx=002663991969204912193%3Antbv4wlfzjq&cof=FORID%3A9&q=Dress+code&sa.x=19&sa.y=4&sa=Search
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM

We homeschool so we don't have a dress code.  They used to go to private and public schools though.  The private school did have a uniform.  I don't know how strict they were but you never saw any of the kids out of uniform, so I guess it wasn't a problem.  The public schools do not have a uniform but a dress code.  They're not terribly strict though.  How do school districts punish parents?

atm1979
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM
fines and jail time

Quoting Pukalani79:

We homeschool so we don't have a dress code.  They used to go to private and public schools though.  The private school did have a uniform.  I don't know how strict they were but you never saw any of the kids out of uniform, so I guess it wasn't a problem.  The public schools do not have a uniform but a dress code.  They're not terribly strict though.  How do school districts punish parents?

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:23 PM

For violating a dress code?!?

Quoting atm1979:

fines and jail time

Quoting Pukalani79:

atm1979
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM
No that's for tardiness and absents, everything comes back on the parents. Dress code violations get detentions and such and after so many it gets sent to the school board.
Some of the private schools fine for dress code violations.

Quoting Pukalani79: For violating a dress code?!?
Quoting atm1979:fines and jail time
Quoting Pukalani79:

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:32 PM

My dd's school has a fairly strict dress code but nothing as strict as it sounds like yours is. They have to wear solid color collared shirts or sweaters 3 days a week any color, black, khaki or navy pants, dress shorts, capris, skirts or polo style dresses. They can wear any color dress style shoes or clean sneakers on their 2 gym days a week. Also, on gym days, they can wear any solid color long or short sleeved tshirt, sweatshirt, sweater or school spirit wear and black, blue or gray sweatpants or gym shorts. They can also wear any color tights or leggings that they want to wear. They have all school dress down days and they can earn dress down passes for various things along with paying $1 on Wed or Fri during certain parts of the year to dress down. 

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM
How are the parents punished?

Quoting atm1979:

I totally agree. This would probably make alot of kids want to get themselves dressed, to escape embarrassment. Where I live, even the public schools are required to wear uniforms. They are very strict about this, down to socks must be white and belts can only be black or brown. Also, the school district here punishes the parents if rules are broken. Does your child have to wear s uniform? Is their school's dress code strict? Do they punish parents for insubordination?

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I wouldn't send my children to any school that required a uniform.  So no, no uniforms, reasonable dress code and now children are punished for insubordination not the parents.

calsmom62
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM
No uniform. My ds wears pjs to school on spirit days,
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:41 PM

My son has never attended a school that requires a uniform. Some in our district do, but fortunately his school does not.

annelauer
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM
No uniforms. And if you explained to the school that you were using real world consequences and called ahead to let them know your child would be in pajamas, they would likely support your decision. The "Love and Logic" method is taught to many teachers and administrators so they should understand.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)