Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Send you're child in PJs to school...edited with link to handbook

Posted by   + Show Post
I totally agree. This would probably make alot of kids want to get themselves dressed, to escape embarrassment. Where I live, even the public schools are required to wear uniforms. They are very strict about this, down to socks must be white and belts can only be black or brown. Also, the school district here punishes the parents if rules are broken. Does your child have to wear s uniform? Is their school's dress code strict? Do they punish parents for insubordination?

Check it out

http://bcps.ppsb.org/search/index.jsp?cx=002663991969204912193%3Antbv4wlfzjq&cof=FORID%3A9&q=Dress+code&sa.x=19&sa.y=4&sa=Search
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Replies (31-40):
atm1979
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Not at our school, the have to literally walk on lines, can't talk at all in the hallways or during lunch. No running during recess. My dd was sent to the disciplinarian in first grade for belching and class and laughing about it and refusing to say sorry. I had to leave work to meet with him Andy he wanted her to do in school suspension

Quoting annelauer:

No uniforms. And if you explained to the school that you were using real world consequences and called ahead to let them know your child would be in pajamas, they would likely support your decision. The "Love and Logic" method is taught to many teachers and administrators so they should understand.

Madisonsmommy1
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Umm Hun no ur wrong. My brothers n sister had uniforms n that was 10 yrs ago. All the schools around here have them. On the other side of town where we were living they have uniforms!

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting Madisonsmommy1:

That is a blatant lie. One quick google search of the districts in Arizona and their school handbooks will clarify this. MOST schools in AZ do NOT have uniforms. There are only a handful of private schools and so the majority of schools are public.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM

No dress code, the dress code is pretty strict, but lounge pants and t shirts are fine. We do not get in trouble for child not abiding by the dress code.

BellaByrdie
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM

No No and No.  

Sometimes my kids school has Pajama day.  They LOOOOVE it. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Pajamas are against the dress code in my kids district.  However, the suggestion of sending your kids to school in their pajamas if they refuse to get dressed has nothing to do with whether they have to wear uniforms or not.  It is a way of showing the kids that you don't care if they get dressed or not, but they very well should care because they will have consequences at school for not being dressed properly.  Sometimes kids need to suffer consequences to learn a lesson and we as parents need to realize this and quit coming to their rescue all of the time.

momofjkkc
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Mine don't wear uniforms. I'm not sure how strict the school is, I'm assuming theydress appropriately since I've never had a notice or anything. But than again I have boys so its not hard.
aetrom
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I get that there are consequences at the school. It would be dumb not too. I have yet to follow through on actually sending them. We have changed in the car before though! I would think a one day of detention added to the embarrasment would gaurantee that tgey know you are serious and would solve the problem!! I would call ahead and tell the school you are having issues and ask the consequences if you do not know.... But really kids are not stupid; if they see you are dead serious then they 99% of the time will choose to obey. If they choose to disobey i would follow through...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aetrom
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM
And fines my child would be responsible for doing extra chores to pay me back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM

They have a dress code to a level, like shirts must cover the stomach, skirts must go past your fingertips, hair must be a natural color and style, etc., but they don't have uniforms and you can wear pretty much whatever you want as long as its appropriate. The kids are punished if they break the dress code, not the parents. If a kid showed up in pajamas, they wouldn't punish them since thats not against the dress code, but they would get called out for it by their peers and teachers. 

Proud-mama-05
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM

No uniform and dress code isn't overly strict

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN