Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

There is a whole lot of "poofing" going on the last couple of days

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this

Wow! Has anyone else noticed the frequency with which some newcomers are deleting their threads when they don't like what they hear!? 

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annelauer
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:40 AM
No, I hadn't noticed. I suppose that's their prerogative...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes! It's driving me nuts! 

Just a couple minutes ago, I was in the middle of a reply to a recent one that went Poof before I could post it. 

Another thing I'm noticing is how people who disagree are suddenly "rude," but I'm not seeing anything rude in their replies. I actually go back and re-read the replies, and I get so confused because I'm not seeing anything rude at all. It just leaves me scratching my head in confusion!

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Absolutely.  It's just for the THIRD time in two days, I had been quoted, went to respond, and poof.

Quoting annelauer:

annelauer
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Well that would drive me nuts! Sorry!

Quoting mjande4:

Absolutely.  It's just for the THIRD time in two days, I had been quoted, went to respond, and poof.

Quoting annelauer:

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I actually went to quote YOU and that's what prompted my post, because it had been poofed.  My feeling is if you DON'T want opinions, then DON'T post on the internet.

Quoting Barabell:

Just a couple minutes ago, I was in the middle of a reply to a recent one that went Poof before I could post it. 

Another thing I'm noticing is how people who disagree are suddenly "rude," but I'm not seeing anything rude in their replies. I actually go back and re-read the replies, and I get so confused because I'm not seeing anything rude at all. It just leaves me scratching my head in confusion!

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM
5 moms liked this

But I do want opinions... as long as they are the same as mine!

Quoting mjande4:

I actually went to quote YOU and that's what prompted my post, because it had been poofed.  My feeling is if you DON'T want opinions, then DON'T post on the internet.

Quoting Barabell:

jaytee
by Jen on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes!

Most people don't like opinions of others unless they are in agreement. The whole point of making a post in a public forum is to get advice, opinions etc from different walks of life. Geez man!!

Plus it's kinda hard to know how someone is coming across when reading something. I try really hard not to be rude but I've been told a few times that I am. I've also been called names for having an opinion.
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I made another reply based another reply the OP had made trying to explain something else to her that might have been helpful, and that's when it went poof on me. I really wish she would have stuck around to hear more replies because it might have really helped her (or at least her kid) in the long run. Sigh.

I feel the same way about the internet. Maybe I'm different because I actually like CM to discuss different POV. I want to see the flip side of the coin, instead of just heads or tails all the time. 

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting Barabell:

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I can't imagine you being taken as rude...LOL

Quoting jaytee:

Yes!

Most people don't like opinions of others unless they are in agreement. The whole point of making a post in a public forum is to get advice, opinions etc from different walks of life. Geez man!!

Plus it's kinda hard to know how someone is coming across when reading something. I try really hard not to be rude but I've been told a few times that I am. I've also been called names for having an opinion.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this

On the flip side, the post where that includes WAY too much personal information should and hasn't gone poof.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)