Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Block party at school

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 14 Replies
My oldest son is having a block party at school. He is so excited. There will be music, games, food and fun. I really want him to go.

However my youngest son has a disability. He can not stand loud noise. Crowds. Water. The list could go on and on.

I feel as though my oldest misses out on so much. My husband works all the time. I have had a few babysitters but they can just not handle my yongest.

My question is what can I do? Nobody will watch my yongest on that day and my husband has to work. My oldest truly wants to go but I dont know how we would be able to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Send your oldest with a neighbor/classmate.

ladysamanda
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM
We just moved here and DS has only gone to the school a few months. I do not know anybody around here.

Quoting mjande4:

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Who does your son play with at recess? Eat lunch with?  Find out and call the other parents. 

Quoting ladysamanda:

We just moved here and DS has only gone to the school a few months. I do not know anybody around here.

Quoting mjande4:

calsmom62
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Can you drop your oldest off at the party? Or as mjande suggested, send him another friend.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM
4 moms liked this

Instead of hiring a sitter for your younger child, why not hire a sitter to go to the party with your older child?

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Won't their be adults at the party that can keep an eye on your older child? Then you can watch your younger child.
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

This is what I was thinking as well.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Instead of hiring a sitter for your younger child, why not hire a sitter to go to the party with your older child?

yayay15
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I would explain the situation to the teacher. She may be able to suggest someone DS can buddy wuth at the party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraBethKY
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I was thinking the same thing before even reading the rest of the posts. 

One of the most fun days I remember growing up was when my mom had a friend take me to the fair because both she and my dad could not take off work on kiddie day

Quoting disneymom2two:

This is what I was thinking as well.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)