Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Help my my 8 y/o DS SMELLS!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

Okay that is mean...but its true...his feet are nearly unbearable and his urine is gagging! I have to say that he does have senstive skin so not sure what foot powder is good he does shower a lot and wear deorderent but what else can I do...I will not make it till he is a teen if this is what I am up for!

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkParadox
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

If his urine has that strong of a smell, then it's something in his diet...or a medical issue.

OneToughMami
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

If his urine is gagging you he needs a doctor not soap :-/

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Quoting OneToughMami:

Well male urine does smell different...ever walk into a boys bathroom??

But what about his feet and B/.O he is only 8 and it smells worse then some of the teens I work with!

OneToughMami
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting OneToughMami:

But what about his feet and B/.O he is only 8 and it smells worse then some of the teens I work with!

Male urine does not smell any different than female urine. That smell in the boys bathroom is old urine.
OneToughMami
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:18 PM

And for his feet. Try making a vinegar soak for him.

Confessaholic
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:25 PM

If his urine is that smelly he probably isn't getting enough water, or there is something else wrong, especially if it is all day. 

My son does have very strong smelling first-morning urine, but the doctor says that can often happen if they are producing alot of ADH at night because it gets super concentrated. 

minimo77
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Get him antiperspirant instead of just deodorant, and get him some nice shower gel and a scrubby for the shower, tell him to scrub himself and feet-foot powder can go into the shoes, so dosnt have to get on him.

calsmom62
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Actually my boys' bathroom smells only when they miss, and don't clean it up. If his urine is dark or strong smelling, then he might be dehydrated, but the body odor might also be indicative of a medical problem. If he is showering(and actually washing) everyday, and still smells, then I would have him checked.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Quoting Confessaholic:

If his urine is that smelly he probably isn't getting enough water, or there is something else wrong, especially if it is all day. 

My son does have very strong smelling first-morning urine, but the doctor says that can often happen if they are producing alot of ADH at night because it gets super concentrated. 

It is mainly in the morning or if he doesnt flush....

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:10 PM

This is just what I though, not enough water. :) as for feet, mine are smelly, not horrid. Does he always wear socks? Ds didn't wear socks, and it was so awful on a trip, we stopped and bought him new shoes and socks, and I sat him on the row of sinks, had him wash his feet, and threw out the stinky shoes and socks. Dd can be horrid too if she doesn't wear socks. :p my kids don't have bo at all though, just feet if they don't wear socks. Lol

I'm going to try that vinegar soak someone suggested. :)

Quoting Confessaholic:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)