Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

2nd grade girls

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 20 Replies

If you have a 2nd grade girl, are they incredibly rude to each other? Or downright mean but still want to play together? I am amazed and other moms just say this is how kids are these days. I do not remember it being this way when I was this age.

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I don't remember my daughter being like that or any of her friends

family in the van   Mom of four

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:13 PM
DD is in 2nd grade and so far there haven't been any issues. So far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM
My daughter is in 3rd and we have an issue with a girl being extremely mean- coming between my dd and her best friend. Dd got off the bus just today crying that the BFF was being mean to her :/
mysweet1s
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM
My DD is in 3rd grade - the girls in her class are so catty...I hate it. We have a tiny school, these girls have been in school together since they were 4. Things have changed so much this year. I will be at the school a lot in the next week for various reasons. I intend to have some conversations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:37 PM

My dd is in 1st/2nd and there are a few girls that are like that. She has taken to playing with the boys at recess to escape the ring leader. 

CuzImMOM
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:41 PM
There are quit a few girls like that in dds class. It's started to rub off on her. I put a quick stop to that. Gl
momto3infl
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Oh god yes-my dd has this issue with other girls in our neighborhood she dishes it out because they do it to her.  I remember knowing girls like this when I was younger but not as severe as it is today.

PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:55 AM

No, I wouldn't tolerate bad manners.

STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:02 AM

It starts earlier than that... back in my day, stuff like that didn't start until 6th or 7th grade... now, they are doing it in kindergarten.

every time my daughter has an activity with one particular girl in her class, she tells us how much she doesn't like her... put them together and they play like best friends... all the while talking rude to and about each other...

dballa
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:48 AM

She's only nasty with her sister.  Her teacher told me there is some drama within the girls in class but my daughter tends to stay out of it.  Thank goodness!  I've been trying to teach her to stay away from those type of girls, etc.  I hope it keeps working.

She's been around mean girls before.  We had a neighbor that always had to have her way and was really bossy.  I told her if she got that way to ignore her.  I also told her she will meet girls like that in school and just ignore them, they aren't worth her time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)