Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Best sellers at school fair

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM
  • 7 Replies
Our elem school has a big fundraising fair each Sept. I am thinking about getting a booth next year. The usual things are jewelry purses headbands etc. I think if I can come up with something cheap $5 maybe that would be an impulse buy for parents I could make some extra money. What would you spend $5 on at a school fair?
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM
My son's school just had a book fair and there was little stuff up front that he wanted so he got a couple things. They had notebooks, pens, bookmarks, erasers. They were also having a drawing for a huge stuffed animal that was Pete the cat, I spent $3 for 3 tickets.
I normally don't waste money except for things for my son.
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Raffle tickets are popular at my son's elementary school, but you might have to check into your local gambling laws to make sure they're allowed. They're also a popular fundraiser for sports. Sometimes our school will received a donated laptop or tablet (specifically to raise money), and that's usually what they'll raffle off.

aj23
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Food. Especially if lots of kids are around. Little tins filled with chocolate, cookies, lollipops... You can make all sorts of themed things and have prices that range from $.50 - $5. Make it attract the kids. Most parents will stop and question $5 worth of candy but wont think twice about spending $1 for a cookie for a kid that asks for it. It also has the extra bonus of being something that won't be sitting around a week later and having to be picked up because they lost interest.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Food and drink would be the only thing that I'd spend money on at a fair.  What would you be raising money for?  Sometimes you can base what you are selling on the group that you are raising funds for.  Like our PTA's Healthy Lifestyles group has a water bar at our school's family night.

corrinacs
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Sure.  I'd get something for both the men and the women!  Good luck!  I wish I could think of more to say LOL

mommytoeandb
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I'm another vote for food.  I've done crafts before and very few people that come by booths actually buy.  ;)

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I don't buy food at fairs because I'm gluten free & people rarely are selling gluten free baked goods.  Now, if you are able to make gluten free food (like bars or cupcakes) & are confident that there would be no cross contamination - I'd spend $5 on that in a heartbeat!

Depending on how crafty you are you could make:

- hairbows (the clips & ribbons are cheap & can make lots of bows)

- coffee cup coolers (if you have fabric & buttons laying around that you can repurpose, they would be free to make)

- felt flowers (could be a hair bow or something that would be put on a wreath or used to decorate a gift)

Look on pintrest - there would be a ton of ideas there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)