Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bully

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 13 Replies

How would you handle bullies? 

There is this ONE particular girl that enjoys bullying my daughter. She pushes her, wet willys, screams in her face and other things..

I tell my daughter to defend herself without any physical aggravations. But my daughter is too much of  a goody good.

BUT I'm at the point where I feel I have to try & make my daughter be mean to kids just so she wont get bullied. But then again I dont want her to turn into one!!!

Advices? 

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

How old is your daughter and how old is the other girl? 

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Has your daughter told her teacher?
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Is this happening at school? If so, she needs to tell a teacher about it. If the teacher either isn't doing anything, or what she's doing isn't working, go to the principal.

If this is happening in your neighborhood, talk w/ the other girl's parents.

gsmom9
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

ask if there is a specific place it is happening, such as the playyard. let the teacher know this is a problem, and ask if special attention could be paid when they are together. keep asking up the food chain at school to make sure problem is being properly addressed. be a squeaky wheel. im going thru the same thing

pretty_miranda
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Yes this is going on at school. I even told the little girls mom, I confronted her & my daughter & said everything. The little girl confessed & just put her head down, admitting to all guilt. 

She stopped but still does her mean actions. I tell my daughter to tell the teacher, but she doesnt. All she says is she doesnt want to get people in trouble, & get upset! I am trying to teach her to stand up for herslef.

By the way they are both 7 years old.

Thank you Ladies

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

That is so hard, momma! I was bullied horribly as a child. :( I was the poor, tall, skinny, smart kid at our catholic grade school. Dd is also the tall, skinny kid. Thankfully, she isn't shy like I was. Everyone likes her. :) I am now way outgoing. It took me until my junior year of hs to accept myself, and love me. :) yes, I'm tall and a nerd in t's and bball shorts or swishies, but, I'm awesome. :)

Ds was just complaining of another boy in our scout troop smacking at him, and he didn't like it. Not nasty hitting, the kid didn't even mean to be nasty, I don't think, he's just a bit hyper. My ds can be too. I told ds to say 'please don't do that' in a loud voice. He said he did. I told him to just walk away.

Honestly, once ds was attacked by mult boys when he was in 1st grade. I went to the principal, and ds didn't want to talk about it. Well, ds said he saw one boy the next day in the lunch line, not with his buddies, and ds shoved him down. I did not tell him to do that. We have had no bully or physical issues at all since then. I probably wouldn't call ours bullying because it was one time. Just more of a, if your child defends themself, if they weren't a bully to begin with, they probably won't turn into one. :)

I hope that makes sense. I hope you can find a good outcome. :)

Tryshx
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I was bullied once in kindergarden and then became a bully for the rest of elementary school.  DSS is about to be 6 and this is his third school this year so he's been getting bullied on the bus, by the older kids ect... We're trying to get him to express himself verbally to the offender directly at first and if that doesn't help, he's supposed to tell an adult...  He loses his temper to easily and throws a fit instead which just makes the bullying worse... So we're right there with you mama.

She needs to learn to speak for herself, and try to handle the situation without involving an adult or getting violent.  If that doesn't work then go get help.  Tell her not to worry about getting people in trouble that if they wanted to stay out of trouble they wouldn't be breaking the rules to begin with.... IDK

april1967
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I am dealing with the same issue, there are a number of kids bullying my son, we have been dealing with this all school year. My son told his teacher all the time, but now he doesn't because he's called the class snitch. We have talked to the principal, the teacher, and nothing, it may stop for a while but never lasts. I am tired of the stupid meetings where they say what you want to hear. I told my son to defend himself, but he just doesn't feel it's right. I told him we would not get mad if he was standing up for himself. I hate that he is going through this everyday, we are removing him from this school, realizing you can't run from your problems,but hopefully the new school has teachers who care enough to be an advocate for their students.

Thankfully, this past August my son started his 5th grade yr at a new school. We could not be happier. He has a male teacher for the 1st time ever, and he has friends again, I wish he could have attended this school previously but I'm so thankful he has this opportunity. Looking forward to a great year.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Have you talked to the teacher about this issue?

Quoting pretty_miranda:

Yes this is going on at school. I even told the little girls mom, I confronted her & my daughter & said everything. The little girl confessed & just put her head down, admitting to all guilt. 

She stopped but still does her mean actions. I tell my daughter to tell the teacher, but she doesnt. All she says is she doesnt want to get people in trouble, & get upset! I am trying to teach her to stand up for herslef.

By the way they are both 7 years old.

Thank you Ladies

pretty_miranda
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Sucks  to know I am not the only parent going thru this. It is a horrible feeling because it makes us feel useles as parents. There is nothing we can really do to stop this bullying! Just try our best to teach our kids to stand up for theirselves.

Thank you ladies for sharing with me and hearing me out as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)