Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Chapter Books

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 40 Replies

When did you start reading chapter books to your child?  What series or kind of books are best?  

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peachy34500
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM
My DD just recently started .. she is 6.5 and will be 7 in July .. she likes the junie b Jones books
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Junie B books.   There a few series which are chapter books but they dont say chaper 1, chapter 2 inside.  Dd is 7 and she has read junie B since last year or actually last year we would read them to her since she was in kindergarten and now she can read them by herself.

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this

We started reading chapter books to her around 3-4. We have read all kinds to her. She reads them to us, her brother or herself now. Currently, she and dh are reading the Narnia books and then they plan to read The Lord of the Rings series together. They also plan to read the Golden Compass series. 

Kris_PBG
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM
We started in Prek. I think both started with Magic Tree House. Ds1 was not a fan. Ds2 loves them.
elijahXmom
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
As a baby, it was not he was 3-4 did i start to read kiddy books. I hate kiddy books.

Quoting rHOPEb:

When did you start reading chapter books to your child?  What series or kind of books are best?  

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:21 PM

My 2nd grader started reading the Magic Tree House books at the end of kindergarten.  He also read several Junie B. books last year, but this year has read a wide variety of chapter books.  Might try to read Harry Potter with his this summer--part of me would rather read those with him instead of him reading them by himself, but only because I love to read them!

debramommyof4
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM

My 7 year old, 1st (Dec. Birthday) loves the Box Car Children, The Baby Sitters Club, and The Magic Tree House

My 6 year old, K (Jan. Birthday) is currently reading the Perfectly Princess books

story0702
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM
My 7 year old boy loves the stink books and diary of a whimpy kid and Harry Potter.
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM
We started this year (Kindergarten) reading chapter books to DD
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:07 PM
We started at 3. At 5 he is reading them on his own. He likes boxcar children, Judy blume books, and some dinosaur ones I don't remember the name of right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)