Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Volunteering(sp) at your kids school. PIOG

Posted by   + Show Post
I started volunteering at my dd school back in Sept. I don't know if some of you remember I posted about fixing their library. Well I finished it in Jan and I felt so good about it.Now I volunteer at the lunchroom/recess time. I did the Scholastic book fair last year and will be doing another one next month. Plus I help out with anything they need. After doing all that I have decided to go into assistant teaching,I enjoy kids after all lol.But parents should really volunteer as much as they can, not just to help out but it gives them an idea of what goes on in their kids school. And they can see how hard teachers have it its not as easy as it looks.
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Replies (121-125):
soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I can't volunteer due to me being a teacher myself.

family in the van   Mom of four

corrinacs
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I volunteer at the school when I can.  Its really difficult because I do work full time :/.

noel1978
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM

the kids go to a school in the next town so it's hrd fo me to do any volunteer work there. but when they wento the schools down the street from us i was there almost everyay helping with something

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I volunteer.
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I really miss volunteering.  I used to be at my sons' school a couple times a week.  Now I have 2 little ones to bring along instead of 1 and that makes it hard.  Next year, it'll just be one again so I'll be able to volunteer more...but I'm nervous b/c this is a new school and I don't know anyone and the boys are so old now they might not want me there like they used to ;(  At least the kindgergartner will want me there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN