Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

go to bed. I know this question has probably been asked on here before.. But I'm curious. My oldest is 9 and she goes to bed at 8pm( has since she turned 8) they other two are 6 and almost 3 and they go to bed at 7pm.  Now they all have tv's and typically go right to sleep. Now if they are having issues sleeping the tv goes off... I always feel so bad because my kids go to bed but there friends are still outside playing, still knocking on my door and still calling...  but I have to admit I'm a little selfish when it comes to my quiet time...lol.. The weekends are sorta different but the latest they are up is 9... That's if they are be having... So that being said how old are your children and what time do they go to bed?

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM

My 5 year old goes to bed at 8 and my 9 year old goes to bed 8:30ish.  They can both stay up 1/2 hour later on Fri & Sat nights.  They do not have a TV in their rooms.  My 5 year (almost 6) goes straight to sleep and my 9 year old is allowed to read for 20 minutes.

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

My kids are 7 and almost 5 and they go down between 8:30 and 9 and are usually asleep within 15 minutes but sometimes later. As long as they stay in their beds, we don't police it. 

SahmTam
by Tammy on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Mine are 12, 9, and 7 and go to bed at 8pm. Sometimes later on weekends.

dballa
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM

No TVs in the rooms.  We start bed time routine at 7:30 - brush teeth and stories.  They get in bed by 8.  My 5 year old, goes to sleep and my 8 year old usually reads for a little bit.  On the weekend, they can stay up until whenever.  Usually by 9:30 they are ready for bed.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM
During school days 7:30-8... During summer that gets extended because of super long days here (the sun sets some days close to 10 sometimes later and it is really hard to get them in bed (and since they have learned to sleep in that is mostlt ok with me). ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Mine are 14, 9, and 7. They all have a 9 p.m. bedtime, w/ the 14 y/o being allowed to read in bed for a bit. Of course, the younger 2 don't have to get up until 7:30 a.m. on school mornings.

Weekend bedtime is no later than 10, unless we are camping, then it can be as late as 11.

AJsMom81507
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM

6 & 4 go to bed at 9-10.  always been this way 

sheellyyo
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM

My 9 yr old goes to bed at 8:30 and reads till 9.  On weekends it is 10-11 pm.

theresaphilly
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM

All four our children (11, 9, 2 and 2) are a asleep by 9pm. Not TV in any rooms other than the family room. 

Confessaholic
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:04 PM

On week days, we try to get him to bed by 8:30 or 9. 

On weekends he doesn't have a bed time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)