Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

go to bed. I know this question has probably been asked on here before.. But I'm curious. My oldest is 9 and she goes to bed at 8pm( has since she turned 8) they other two are 6 and almost 3 and they go to bed at 7pm.  Now they all have tv's and typically go right to sleep. Now if they are having issues sleeping the tv goes off... I always feel so bad because my kids go to bed but there friends are still outside playing, still knocking on my door and still calling...  but I have to admit I'm a little selfish when it comes to my quiet time...lol.. The weekends are sorta different but the latest they are up is 9... That's if they are be having... So that being said how old are your children and what time do they go to bed?

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
gonecrazi
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:49 PM

my 16 doesn't have a curfew but the 11 is 8:30.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM

DD heads to her room about 9pm and if she does her homework she gets a video as well.  She is 7 and will not sleep until it is dark out which is after 8pm.   She gets up at 7:30am for school and on weekends she sleeps in until 9pm.

What time do you go to bed?

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM

My oldest is 14 and goes to bed around 10 during the week, around 12 on weekends; he has since he was in middle school except when he's wrestling; then he sometimes goes to bed earlier because he's so worn out.  During the summer he goes to bed at 2. My 7 year old goes to bed at 8:30 during the week, between 8:30-10 on weekends and during the summer.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

My 9 year old goes to bed at 9:00 on school nights, on weekendsand breaks he doesn't have a bed time.

My 12 year old goes to bed at 9:30 on school nights, and also doesn't have a bed time on weekends and breaks.

mommi128
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

My son is 6 almost 7 I put him to bed around 7, but let him read his books until 730 so he is asleep by 8. He wakes up at 7/720 am for school, This seems to be enough sleep for him. Other kids might need more or less. The weekends depend on how his week went at school or if we are having a family outing. 

TroyboysMom
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Ds doesn't have a TV in his bedroom, and goes to bed at 8:30. He's generally asleep by 9.

DaisyRae
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Mine are 6,7 and 9 and on school nights 7:30 is bedtime. Weekends is later-depending on behavior anyway. This summer, my 9 year old is being allowed to stay up an hour later since he has been very responsible about waking up and getting ready for school and doing chores. We have to wake up at 6:30 and get them to school by 7:30 (this is likely not the schedule at their new school next year). We have the same problem, with their friends still playing when they are getting into bed...but unless they get this rest, they have horrible days at school.

ambermarie2006
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM
They are 4, 7, and 8 and are in bed between 830 and 9pm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohmandy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM

ds is 5 and he goes to bed around 8.  give or take a half hour.

Rosebud27aj
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM

8:30, usually asleep by 8:45 on school days, on Friday and Saturday night they can stay up later...they are 6 and 3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN